Web Hosting
Highlighted

Multiple FTP Accounts

Hi,

I'm trying to fined out if I can have more than one ftp account with Comcast Business Class.

I can't seems to find any information about it. I would find it odd if it was not available considering so many less expessive hosting services provide it?

Thanks,

Berm

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Multiple FTP Accounts

Welcome Bern.  FTP access in the Business Class Portal is restricted to user id's with admin or secondary admin privileges. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi John,

Thanks for the info that's good to know. Is there a way to create new admin user other then creating a new email account?

Also, can I restrict a sub-admin account to a particular folder? Say if I wanted an ftp upload account for clients to send me files?

Thanks,

Berm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Berm,

Any existing account (or accounts) can be "promoted" to have an admin access status.

Please use the following link for information -(look for: To change the access rights for an account step)

To your second inquiry of sub-admin access, I don't recommend giving it clients do to security.

Secondary admin does have access (write) rights. However for information entailing ftp directly access, I have sent you our webhosting team contact via private message.

Thank You

0 Kudos