Web Hosting
Highlighted

Domain Changes

I have been trying to change my domain name, www.bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net, to www.gretliving.com.  I called support several times trying to do this.  I changed my name to Glenhasbah Renewable Energy Technologies, Inc. (GRET) via support and email addresses as well.  BLT Consulting Services is not in business now and I have been developing the GRET company for couple of years now.  I asked the website support group to help with this issue as soon as possible. 

Currently, when I type in www.gretliving.com, it says "Server Not Found".  BUT when I type in the old address, www.bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net, the GRET website I created comes up.  I want my customers to be able to type www.gretliving.com and get GRET info.  The website support center keeps tell me 7-10 days.  Its been over and I am getting impatient with this answer. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain Changes

Hello KimTsosie,

Welcome to the forum.

Based on your post it appears to be a domain record entry conflict.

For your case your domain: bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net is missing all its records.

This will cause an issue because gretliving.com refers all its record to bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net as its source records.

Consider it from this view with Comcast webhosting:

Bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net as the source where any change you make reflected automatically to gretliving.com.

To resolve this issue, I recommend these steps:

1. Restore the bltconsulting.comcastbiz.net records.

2. Wait for the propagation of those records. (Normally 3hrs)

3. Try to reach your domains using an internet browser (please clear the memory cache)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you help with the steps for this? I am a bit lost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Forum Contributor

gretliving.com

This page loads 

""GRET" is a corporation of highly dedicated and hard working individuals designing, manufacturing, and constructing Structural Insulated Panels, "SIPs".  We are motivated to assist the local and surrounding communities, families, and individual by constructing "SIPs" homes, buildings, schools, etc. "

Possibly you're running into conflicting local DNS issue but remote is working

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Wow! It could be. What would be the best way to resolve this?  Can you give me step by step process to get this done?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Forum Contributor

From your original post you wrote

"I want my customers to be able to type www.gretliving.com and get GRET info."

They can do this so consider this already solved.

The next question you may have is how can my local network load gretliving.com

Without a topology nor more specific information about your situation I can only poke here and there.

Doing this I've found that gretliving.com points to a DC called (http://www.affinity.com/)

Your domain name's A record is recorded with :216.87.186.34 which is listed as a Affinity allocated IP address.

What connection Affinity may have with Comcast I do not know.

That said I would need to know what you're wanting to do other than have your customers see the contents of your web site as I can so this thread is resolved. I would identify what complete issues you need to be aware of and then list them.

Wish I could help more.

0 Kudos