Web Hosting
Highlighted

Changing from a Site Builder Web page to a WordPress created web page

I used site building to create my first website with the 3 page limit.  I have learned from various viewers and marketing people that my site is too text intensive.  Others have suggested using WordPress as the site builder site.

How can I remove the site builder created site and add a completely revised Word Press created website?  It seems if Business Class web hosts it would be able to host a WordPress created page.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Janis

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Changing from a Site Builder Web page to a WordPress created web page

Welcome JEEGG.  

You can create the content offline outside of sitebuilder and upload/FTP the new content to the servers,   You can use any FTP client to upload the file.  Connect to your site via  <FTP.yourdomain.com>, enter the admin username/password.  Upload the new content file from your PC.  By using the same file name as the existing file, you will receive a prompt to overwrite the existing file.  This will overwrite the existing file in sitebuilder.  Here is a Link to information on how to upload content via FTP. 

Let us know if we can assist you further

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you.  Do I have to delete the prior starter web page built from site builder before I can upload the WordPress page via FTP?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is not necessary to delete the current as the FTP/upload process will prompt you to overwrite the existing file.  Additional support for Website content and the site publishing process is available via Hostway our Webhost provider at 866-856-7150 and Comcast Tier 2 Support at 877-489-1605.

Thank you

0 Kudos