Web Hosting
Highlighted

COMCASTBIZ Web Hosting NIGHTMARE

We switched from AT&T to Comcast last week.  I was supposed to have 300G / 25 Web Pages when the account was stood up.  Last Saturday I discovered that we were set up as a starter and was told to call Change of Service 800-391-3000, which I did on Monday.  B monday evening I was able to FTP my existing 28M web site (vfw-604.net) up tot he server.  Was assured by Web Host Help & Tier 2 support that everything is good now.

Tonight I attempted to begin the process of replicating my site using WebsiteCreator.  I now have a 3 page limit again.  Spent 45 minutes on hold with whomever Web Host Help transferred me to (assume tier 2 support again) and after 45 minutes on hold the battery on my phone went dead and I dropped the call.  I have exerpted considerable patience with Comcast but ,y patience is wearing very thin.  I need someone to deal with the issue and stop passing me around - is there a single entity that can see where the problem is and get my account set up the way I requested it from the start?  The folks manning the phones at the support number listed on the Comcast Business Class web site confirmed my account is recorded correctly - PLEASE SOMEONE give me a clue!!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: COMCASTBIZ Web Hosting NIGHTMARE

Hello VFW604,

Welcome to the forum.

I am sorry for all these tribulations you had with webhosting and Comcast support.

Let me assist you in resolving this issue.

I have verified that you do have "business" webhosting level and I can reach your website at vfw-604.net.

I do question about this line from your post:

"Tonight I attempted to begin the process of replicating my site using WebsiteCreator.  I now have a 3 page limit again."

Are you trying to modify (create) your website using site-builder? (WebsiteCreator).

I ask this because you already uploaded your website via FTP and it is active.

If you try to create a website using site-builder, with an active website, will cause a conflict and errors.

Please clarify, so I can better assist

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The site I moved was created using a similar tool AT&T provides.  Yes I know the version I am replicating will wipe out the old one when I compile it.  It would be WONDERFUL if I could use your product to edit my existing content.  Fortunately the site isn't large and 70% is copy -n- paste of the work.

Guess while I am here I should follow up on my grievances finally got someone to put in a ticket to Tier 2 again.  The ticket was CR296203736.  A tech named Scott called me on the phone and we discussed my problem, what my site was supposed to be and and what it wasn't doing.  I finally had a single individual who took a personal interest in trying to resolve my condition.  Later when he had seen that the problem was corrected, he again called to inform me of the status.  So, I did find a ray of sunshine in the middle of an otherwise VERY turbulent experience.  -->Mark<--

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear of your succes!

Please feel free post any technical question or concern on our forum.

Thank You

0 Kudos