Security (Norton™ Internet Security)
Highlighted

Norton Internet Security Online will not start on Win8

I have downloaded and installed Norton Internet Security Online onto a PC running Windows 8 x64 Pro.  The install went fine, but I am unable to open the program.  When I try to start it, nothing happens. 

On a side note, I see that I lost 22 copies of Norton software as now I am only eligble for 3 PCs isntead of the 25 that I used to have.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Norton Internet Security Online will not start on Win8

Hello jmotter,

Welcome to the forum.

We do apologize for the late reply to your query.

To your query of installing Norton Internet Security to your computer:

Did you have another version or type of Security suite already installed on your system before installing NIS?

If you do that might cause a conflict, so just in case, check your system for it.

Another possible reason is perhaps this was a bad install, in cases like please try to uninstall and reinstalling it to use it.

For your query to 25 licenses this post will assist for information. (Norton Security Update)

Thank you and please continue to share your insight and thoughts to the community.

Thank you and please continue to share your insight and thoughts to the community.

We look forward to it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Norton Internet Security Online will not start on Win8

There was no other version of Norton or any other AV software installed as it was a fresh install of Windows 8 from scratch.  I have downlaoded and installed it several times, all with the the software installing but not launching.  There is no error when I try to launch the software.

0 Kudos