Security (Norton™ Internet Security)
pwicorp
Visitor

Bait and Switch?

When we signed up with Comcast Business Class less than three weeks ago we were told that the account included a 25-seat license for Norton Business Suite. I just went to our account page and it only shows "Norton Internet Security" (confirmed with the annoucement message today) with only a three seat license, and additional units are $6.95 per unit per month!!! What is going on here?

7 REPLIES 7
kristyhcg

Re: Bait and Switch?

I would like to know the answer to this also - 25 licenses is what we signed up for an now it shows 3 free. Answers please!

Community Manager
Community Manager

To our valued customers,

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the posts and it is not our intent to impact customer satisfaction.  Customers who have recently installed with the expectation of the 25 free licenses, will be able to receive them.  

Comcast is aware of customer situations where they were sold the bundle with the 25 free licenses of Norton but are looking to activate after the company made a strategic decision to change the bundle to 3 free licenses.  To ensure customer satisfaction of customers who purchased under the 25 free licenses offer, Comcast will honor the offer for any new customer sold and in the order entry system by close of business, March 21, 2013. It was always our intent to ensure our existing customer’s satisfaction. 

Any new customers who purchase on or after March 22, 2013 will be sold under the new bundle offer.   To ensure you are able to receive the 25 licenses, please contact us at Upware_Support@cable.comcast.com.  Furthermore, Comcast will continue to support ALL Norton licenses whether they were purchased before or after the deadline.

Thank you

0 Kudos
pwicorp
Visitor

Thank you for the response. It's reassuring to know that Comcast wasn't intending to leave us out in the cold, so to speak. Unfortunately, the way this announcement was made was abysmal. There is no mention made of this anywhere on the Business Class web site. When the announcement was posted in this forum (at the exact time I was writing my post), there was also no mention made of this anywhere in the accouncement post. Comcast_Larry had to edit that post. Given that, I think my reaction is a bit understandable.

Still, your post does not answer all questions. I do not know if you know the answer(s), or whether we would need to follow up with an email to the address you posted. Specifically:

*Does this "grandfathering" apply to just the first year of service? If it applies to the length of the contract that was signed, then does this also apply if the contract is extended before the March 21, 2013 deadline? We signed up for a 1-year contract. If we change it to 3 years before the March 21, 2013 deadline, does this mean we can have the 25-seat license for 3 years?

*You indicated that this applies to any new customers who order by before March 21, 2013. As I noted, there is no mention made of this on the web site detailing the Norton Security offering. Thus, a prospective new customer would not know that they could still get the 25-seat bundle. This seems a little .... well, I will let others fill out that sentence.

[Edited since the forum software doesn't seem to handle bullets properly. I see that Lithium is still up to its stellar performance with forum software.]

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello pwicorp,

Thank you for the update and great questions.

To your query about the website content - all of the content on our business website and help and support pages have been updated.  There may have been a short lag from the announcement to the final updates, and we apologize for any confusion. 

For the renewals question, we are still investigating the process and details.

Once again thank you and everyone for posting here on our forum.

The community appreciates it and we encourage it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again for the inquiries.  We received an update regarding the renewal policy.  You are entitled to the licenses for the term you subscribe to, and at the end of that term, you are eligible for whatever offers or terms exist at that time.   Please let us know if you have additional questions.  To discuss the licenses you just acquired, please contact Upware_Support@cable.comcast.com.    

Thank you again for your posts to the community.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pwicorp
Visitor

I'm still confused. You said "You are entitled to the licenses for the term you subscribe to, and at the end of that term, you are eligible for whatever offers or terms exist at that time.". My question was regarding extending the contract before the March 21 deadline. I.e., we currently have a 1 year contract. If we change it to 3 years before March 21, then will we have the 25-seat license for Norton Internet Security guaranteed for 3 years?

Also, in regards to the web site: I didn't see any changes or any mention of this March 21 deadline. On the list of plans (http://business.comcast.com/smb/services/internet/plans) there is no mention. On the page for the Norton app (http://business.comcast.com/smb/services/internet/security). there is no mention. On the support page for downloading Norton (http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/internet-download-Norton-business-suite) there is no mention. Where exactly is this policy mentioned?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello pwicorp,

To clarify, customers who have terms with Comcast prior to March 21, 2013 will have the 25 licenses, and for the length of their term of service.  As for the policy, please note the information on our website is directed to prospective customers inquiring about our current offerings of products and services.   Our team has reached out to discuss the situation. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos