Microsoft Communications Services

emails getting aborted "connection refused"

Curran-McLeod

emails getting aborted "connection refused"

We are unable to send replies to a variety of clients since we changed to Comcast. We are not heavy email users overall. We need our email to send reliably or there is no reason to continue with Comcast email services.

I have looked through the other support messages regarding this issue. I haven't seen anything that solves my issue.

Getting aborted emails for a few certain recipients. 

This is the text from the "details.txt" part of the latest aborted email notification.  Italics are my comments/changes.

Reporting-MTA: dns; omta02.potomac.co.businessclass.comcast.net [76.96.107.72]

Received-From-MTA: dns; [XX.XXX.XXX.XX] (our ip is not the problem in question)

Arrival-Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:59:39 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; XXXX@buellrecreation.com (among other recipients)

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;  554 IMP bizsmtp Connection refused. IB113 - 76.96.107.72

Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:59:39 +0000

Please resolve this.

Trusted Forum Contributor

Re: emails getting aborted "connection refused"

Reading your message I can't easily identify what is what.

Is this one of your IPs or Comcast's

This IP is listed on 2 major blacklists for being a known spam sender [Currently] and unless actions are taken to clean up the problem it will remain blocked.

To conclude your recipients are rejecting your mail because the IP 76.96.107.72 is appearing on spam blocking lists

To correct the first sentence you've written: You're actually able to send replies, you're just seeing rejections.

I would need to know more about how you're set up.

Do you have your own mail server, is it properly tested locally.

I don't see reverse DNS on 76.96.107.72 and if it is your IP it would fail due to that alone but again I'm just waking up and just starting to sip coffee.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation