Microsoft Communications Services
BT

cannot send from Outlook and Comcast hosted Exchange service

Over the past week we have had problems sending emails from our computers using Outlook and the Comcast hosted Exchange service.  We can generate the email in Outlook but when we choose to send it, Outlook stops responding.  Outlook then needs to close and restart.  This is happening on about four systems. Some have Outlook 2007 and others have Outlook 2010.  Receiving emails in Outlook works.  We can access OWA and send & receive just fine. 

After much research, trial & error on changes, etc. we have noticed with the MS Exchange Connection Status tool from Outlook that the conection to the "Directory" for the server name is always in the "Connecting" state. 

Our most recent attempt at sending was to generate the email while working offline and then go back online.  The email was a simple one line text finally sent after about 10 minutes.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: cannot send from Outlook and Comcast hosted Exchange service

Hello BT,

Welcome to the forum.

Based upon your post this may be a signal/connectivity issue.

I say this because if this is just one computer or random event across your network it could be a setting or virus.

But you states that all four are affected the same way.

BT is your office having any service degradation?

If so either send me private message with your account information and I can send to regional team for the tech call.

For immediate support please contact our technical support at: 1-800-391-3000

Thank you

(Information needed - account number, business phone number, and prefer hours of tech call) 

0 Kudos
BT

After exhausting options with Outlook and the computers having issues, we decided to restart the network router yesterday.  Since then all has been fine.  It's always the simple solution that solves the problem.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello BT,

That is great to hear and thank you for sharing your resolution with us.

Thank you and feel free to post any others question or share any insights on the community forum.

0 Kudos