Microsoft Communications Services

Unable to Manage Forwards - Does anything on your portal actually work?

mjc
New Contributor

Unable to Manage Forwards - Does anything on your portal actually work?

This client portal is no longer new.  It's still slow, and apparently still doesn't work.  Trying to add a forward, I get the following message:

Manage forwards

We’re sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your information right now.
Try Again...

Oh good I can "Try Again..." and of course I have tried again and again on several days.  Still broken.  Can't wait to open a bunch of tickets only to be told that it's a national issue, etc.

Re: Unable to Manage Forwards - Does anything on your portal actually work?

I am getting the same message so it is not just you. 

Also, up until today, I was able to sync my emails to my i-Mac using Apple Email 5.3 - now I get nothing.  I tried to work around the issue by setting up a forward to a Yahoo email which will sync to my i-Mac - no luck.

Called Comcast and they gave me a phone number to call for paid support. 

Sarah

There is a link at the bottom that says there is a solution, but that link does not go anwhere. Is this solved?

I somehow updated a forward even though it error everytime I save. The problem now is that the Comcast server is rejecting the emails to that address and not forwarding. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I tried the solution button and it went no where for me as well.

I ended up having to install Thunderbird client email and was able to get that to work with my Comcast business email.  I did have to call Comcast to get the correct outgoing and incoming smtp links.

I tried using those links with my Apple email but they did not work.  I don't want to erase my Apple email program and start fresh to see if that works because I have too many emails that I would stand to loose.

I have not tried the forward again; but this may be an option so that you can get your emails on your desktop instead of constantly having to check your email.

Sarah

Thanks for the advice, but the email address with the managed forward doesnt acutally have an email box. I don't want to buy more email addresses and instead setup forwards so when you send an email to an easy to use address like info@mydomain.com it forwards to a real user's email box.

This is working for other addresses just not one that I had to change because someone left and I deleted their Comcast inbox so I could create a new account for a new person.

glf1
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same problem and it started about a week ago. I'm not sure why after 2 years of having forwarders in place, they would stop working and no way to correct. I'm hoping that there is a solution.

Same here, we used the Apple email program to receive and send emails on Comcast.  About 1 to 2 weeks ago, it stopped working.  Keeps saying that either our email address or password is incorrect; but they work just fine when I go to Comcast to sign in for our email.  I still have not been able to get Apple email program to work with Comcast which is why I tried Thunderbird which is working.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation