Microsoft Communications Services

Possible SPAM

mikesmith01
Occasional Visitor

Possible SPAM

Hi, 

I received an email today from IT Suppor <admin@upgrade.support.com>.  I assume this is SPAM can you verify?  the email is below:  (And YES the "D" in Dear Sir was missing)

ear Sir,

Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by our administrator. Your mailbox current size is 199832 KB and your account would be automatically disabled on our server once it reaches the 200000 KB Mailbox size limit. If this happens, you will be unable to receive emails.

To upgrade your account,increase your mailbox quota and re-validate your anti-spam protect, click the link below, or copy and paste the link on your browser and sign in to our upgrade administrator

http://server2.upgrade.lukeburges.com/2096/

Once you upgrade, your mailbox quota and anti spam protect will be automatically upgraded on our administrator.

Upgrade within the next 36hours

Thank you.

Upgrade Support Team

IT Department

ゥ 2014. All Rights Reserved

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Possible SPAM

Hello mikesmith01,

I agreed, this appears to be a spam and will require our security group to assist.

I've sent you a private message with their information.

Thank you

Trusted Forum Contributor

Re: Possible SPAM

It is Spam, and can be ignored.

The Domain is actually under a somewhat private domain root of nswebhost.com

nswebhost.com is actually JaguarPC (The owner and I used to talk and a friend of mine worked for them for a time as a ticket agent).

Two viable options here, ignore it (Recommended) or contact JaguarPC directly on their forums at

http://forums.jaguarpc.com/forum.php

Or through their ticket system.

Mention that you received spam from a hosted site on their servers called: lukeburges.com

Jag will take care of it.. or again ignore it =)

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation