Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Outlook 2007/2010 WIll not resolve name during setup

Hi-

We're setting up some newly enrolled Hosted Exchange office users.

Last week, we were able to find a profile utility for outlok 2003, and setting up outlook 2003 was simple. (Although, the Outlook 2003 page is no longer visible that I can find)

We have one user on Outlook 2007 (downoladed from comcast), and even following step-by-step, this user cannot connect (Name won't resolve during Exchange setup)

I've found the server name in both the DNS page and when we log into her Outlook Web.

This excercise is going on 8 hours over three days, and have been on with Comcast support folks at all levels of ability.

Extremely frustrated, as the affected user is in a satellite office, 175 miles away. Everything is remote. (but her setup will not complete on my local Outlook 2007/2010)

I am signing in as primary account owner, although he will get any emails here, I won't. 

(can be contacted here on the board, or email rickvv@gmail.com)

domain is hatzunginsurance.com

Please help me find what I'm missing.

Thanks,

rick

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Outlook 2007/2010 WIll not resolve name during setup

The instructions on comcast out here are quite incomplete.

To find the correct settings, I looked in on one of my Outlook 2003 clients, and found what works.

I'll see if I have time to post what worked for me.

But that will have to wait.

But suffice it to say, the the instructions, as well as the phone supprt techs had no idea what settings to use.

They tried, and they were helpful as far as they could go, but thre is a training level which sems inadequate to support comcast BUSINESSclass mail.

rickvv

0 Kudos
Visitor

Re: Outlook 2007/2010 WIll not resolve name during setup

Having the exact same issue with a brand new Dell M6700 workstation. How did you resolve the issue?

0 Kudos