Microsoft Communications Services
zbud
Visitor

Outgoing Emails Blocked

Getting messages like the following from hotmail, live.com,msn etc.

"550 SC-001 (COL0-MC2-F3) Unfortunately, messages from (X.192.182.X IP info edided for privacy) weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshoo"

Does this have something to do with Reverse DNS entries ??

We have our own mail server, using Mercury 4.72

bud

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outgoing Emails Blocked

Welcome zbud.  Your IP does not have a reverse DNS entry that authenticates your mail server.  If you will send me a private message with the mail server name, I will forward it to our Server Admin for input. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
greenhorn
Visitor

I'm having the same issue but I do remember you setting the Reverse DNS for me.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello greenhorn,

Welcome to the forum.

The community would like to assist but can you clarify few item for us?

1. What is your domain name?

2. Who host the said domain name?

Thank you

0 Kudos
greenhorn
Visitor

Sorry for the late response.

my domain name is clarionbank.com

this is the message: 

"BLOCKEDFORPRIVACY"@hotmail.com (550 SC-001 (COL0-MC2-F30) Unfortunately, messages from 23.25.#.# weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.)

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all Greenhorn and thank you for the information.

This is what I have found with your domain so far.

1. Yes there a RDNS/PTR on your IP address which we have setup for you on last year.

2. Checking the record and IP address, there is blacklisting by any noted spamlister.

(Tested on 3rd party site: mxtoolbox/clarionbank.com)

Based on this finding it appears your email recipient or their mail server is blocking you.

To troubleshoot, I would recommend the following:

Send a test email to the recipient without any content on the message  (signature, header, footer, etc)

- If the message received.

- They are filtering your mail content, requring filter correction by their admin or content change on your messages.

- If the message is not received.

- Send another message to that mail recipient using another email address in your domain.

- If they are still rejecting your email than they are actively blocking your domain or the IP-address

- Server admin has to remove this block on their side. (This is Microsoft's delist request form link for use)

Please feel free post on the community for any update or questions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
greenhorn
Visitor

Checked  mxtoolbox/clarionbank.com and I mostly use http://multirbl.valli.org/. sending IP is good

I filled out the delist form.

I will let you know the results

0 Kudos
greenhorn
Visitor

the results are very vague. can i email them to you?

0 Kudos
greenhorn
Visitor

it's working right now

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello greenhorn,

That is good to hear.

I've read the email reply from microsoft you forward it to me.

I appears they remove filtering from the entire /28 range for you.

What I can suggest moving forward is to check with your email recipient "any" activity that will flag your domain as spammer.

Thank you for updating the community with your experience.

0 Kudos
NKSMG

Can someone help me!  Our company can no longer email anyone with a hotmail or msn account.  We have checked all of the blacklists, and we are not on any of them.  It sounds like it has something to do with Reverse DNS entries.  Here is the message we receive when the emails are bounced back:

550 SC-001 (SNT004-MC2F23) Unfortunately, messages from 192.145.xxx.xxx (edited for privacy) weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I would appreciate any help we can get asap!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos