Microsoft Communications Services

New businessclass.comcast.net not fully functional (No ETA for fix & no workaround)

SOLVED
Highlighted
ESC
New Contributor

New businessclass.comcast.net not fully functional (No ETA for fix & no workaround)

Sent on 2/26/2013:

Comcast has implemented a new Comcast Business Class website without any notice to our business that is manifold slower, harder to navigate, and now we get 

We're sorry

We were unable to load your information. Please refresh the page to try again.

whenever we try to access the Add or Manage Email Forwards webpage that we use a lot. We are down because we cannot do this function and want a credit applied to our account beginning today until you get this functionality functional again.

Comcast has screwed up the website! Leave it alone! You are making work for businesses instead of helping us by not making us re-learn your website that just moves the same old stuff around instead of spending time on our business! Stop it!

After talking to Britney in Comcast Escalations on 2/27/2013, called 3/1/2013 & announced there are bugs with the new website & no ETA for fixes. She refused the idea of crediting us for this mess that we are having difficulty trying to work without & refused to try to get us a workaround or to put the old website back (I would have been fired from the $11B corporation I used to be a manager at for not having a contingency plan in case there were problems with an application my department implemented). Comcast obviously has no such plan & will probably promote those who made this mess then raise our rates again while refusing to give us any credit against our accounts.

Received from Comcast Business Class [reply@get.comcastbusiness.com] on 3/7/2013:

Introducing an Improved Online Bill Pay

that encouraged Comcast's business customers to use a new website that they know does not work!

Please see the attached that Comcast Support  acknowledges does not work because the new website is TONS slower than the old website!

A responsible company, unlike Comcast, would have:

_ Notified its current users of the coming implementation so they could brace themselves for it the best they could; then,

_ If it had problems, would have reverted back to the old website, unlike Comcast; then

_ Would have credited the accounts of its users for the harm done to their business, unlike Comcast!

So:

_ Stop encouraging your business customers to use a version of your website that you know is unbelievably slow like a responsible company would;

_ Put the old website back like a responsible company would; and

_ Credit our company's account for the damage caused us.

Thank you.

I ENCOURAGE ALL BUSINESSCLASS CUSTOMERS TO EMAIL, DEMANDING THAT COMCAST PUT THE OLD WEBSITE BACK UNTIL THEY HAVE A FULLY-FUNCTIONAL WEBSITE & DEMANDING CREDIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE OUTAGE THEY HAVE CAUSED. ADDITIONALLY, YOU MAY WANT TO CALL 

It seems like we have experienced less and less service from Comcast after a 28+% price increase in the last year! How about you?

ESC
New Contributor

Re: New businessclass.comcast.net not fully functional (No ETA for fix & no workaround)

Please reply to my post so we can all, including Comcast, see how many businessclass.comcast.net users are being impacted by this Comcast-mismanaged mess that none of us businesses have time to chat with level 0 support people about. Thank you.

thomashj

Re: New businessclass.comcast.net not fully functional (No ETA for fix & no workaround)

For complete clarity on the matter specified in the subject line.

It is unwarranted to let business class users be unable to use the services because of Comcast's internal decision to migrate their online services to a different more accomodating platform for them.  It is totally unacceptable to execute such action without the proper arrangement not to disrupt business class user services.  Leaving paying customers without adequate access and support to run their online mail business services is fully unjustifiable and a complete insult to all Comcast business class users.

It is fully incomprehensible that Comcast exposes business class users to this uncalled risk and decided to implement a new not fully tested and functional platform whthout any prior notice or adequate internal remedy to mitigate the risk of service interruption for more than 2 weeks effective today, March 19, 2013.

There are no valid excuses Comcast can make for this complete lack of respect and failure to resove the current problem timely.

I am truly appalled by this behavior and the arrogance Comcast displays in this matter.  For days now I call every day to get my paid service up and running and each time I am told that system people are working on the problem as we speak.  However, regardless the effort Comcast continues failing to deliver the service paid for.  It clearly demonstrates that Comcast has no provisional plan in place to fix the platform migration problems and rather ignores the needs of its business class users without further excuus, apology or monetaire compensation.

This bahavior is fully unacceptable and requires collaborate or individual action to file a complaint with the FCC for non-performance and violation of the business class service contract terms and conditions.

Anyone!

ohmyohmy

I agree...I have not been able to download the Comcast-provided Outlook for over 2 weeks. new employee has no way (outside of the webmail) to check mail, sync contacts, see calendars.

The joke is that Comcast does nothing about it --- it is blatently clear that they don't care about the problem. Everyone who logs in see the "sorry" notice --- this is a disaster and there is no other way to download the Outlook program and configure it.

Hey Comcast _-- DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS AT ALL?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome ohmyohmy.  To download Outlook 2010: 

1. Sign into your Business account at Businessclass.comcast.net

2. Click the email tab that appears under managed services

3. Then Click the download outlook tab on the left

4. Select the appropriate function from the list on the lower left.

Thank You

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation