Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Visitor

Inability to upload files to SharePoint

I recently established a SharePoint site for a small business.  It was working fine for a number of weeks.  It is still working to the extent it is a repository of documents accessible by authorized users.  Problem I am having is uploading new documents.  I click the upload button; get to the screeen to browse for the document; find the document; and click OK to upload. Then nothing happens.  It just sits there indefinitely.  Screening our other users, I find that one is able to upload documents, but another (in addition to me) is not.  We are configured the same on different machines, with the exception that the one user who was able to do the upload is using Vista while the rest of us are using Windows 7.

Any help appreciated.

Steve at Academy Auto

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Inability to upload files to SharePoint

Welcome Snellsf. Based on the information in our post it appears that the user access permissions will have to be upgraded. Please have the sign owner sign and allow access for the required users.  Here is a Link to additional information on controlling access to sites and site content.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

No joy with that last response, but thank you for identifying it as a user permission issue.  That makes sense.

I am the site administrator and have site owner permissions.  I have tried setting up a new group with the purpose of assigning add permissions (among other permissions). But SharePoint will not allow me to do that.  I can get to the screen to create a new group, and I can fill in the fields.  But when I click OK, nothing happens.

Suggestions??  This is getting frustrating.

TX, Steve at Academy Auto

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the EXACT same issue.  I have one user who can still upload, but no one else.  This after years of no issues!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Bob--If it helps you . . .  we finally solved this issue by logging in using Google Chrome and not IE.  See if that works.  Steve