Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
New Contributor

Impossible to add a new user?

Ever since Comcast rolled out the half-baked new management website, we have not been able to add a new user to our hosted exchange e-mail.  I've set up three tickets now.  Each of them has been escalated only to be closed because Comcast is having a nation-wide issues.

By the way, on the e-mail account management screen it says we now have 6 / 12 email boxes remaining.

Obviously there's a problem with our account and the transition to the new interface.  Tickets get closed by lazy arses instead of being properly addressed.

Best part is, during the second call about this issue the tech literally admitted that the new interface is not ready for prime time.  He also said that it would be fixed within 24 hours.  That was last Thursday (about 6 days ago).

Where do I send the bill for all the time I've wasted trying to get this fixed?  Worthless Comcast.  Thankfully Microsoft now offers hosted exchange with MORE storage than Comcast for only $5.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Impossible to add a new user?

FYI: here are some of our trouble ticket numbers CR313278080, CR313753578, and there are about half a dozen set up in our account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sent to WE_CAN_HELP@cable.comcast.com on 2/26/2013:

Comcast has implemented a new Comcast Business Class website without any notice to our business that is manifold slower, harder to navigate, and now we get 

We're sorry

We were unable to load your information. Please refresh the page to try again.

whenever we try to access the Add or Manage Email Forwards webpage that we use a lot. We are down because we cannot do this function and want a credit applied to our account beginning today until you get this functionality functional again.

Comcast has screwed up the website! Leave it alone! You are making work for businesses instead of helping us by not making us re-learn your website that just moves the same old stuff around instead of spending time on our business! Stop it!

After talking to Britney in Comcast Escalations on 2/27/2013, called 3/1/2013 & announced there are bugs with the new website & no ETA for fixes. She refused the idea of crediting us for this mess that we are having difficulty trying to work without & refused to try to get us a workaround or to put the old website back (I would have been fired from the $11B corporation I used to be a manager at for not having a contingency plan in case there were problems with an application my department implemented). Comcast obviously has no such plan & will probably promote those who made this mess then raise our rates again while refusing to give us any credit against our accounts.

Received from Comcast Business Class [reply@get.comcastbusiness.com] on 3/7/2013:

Introducing an Improved Online Bill Pay

that encouraged Comcast's business customers to use a new website that they know does not work!

Sent to WE_CAN_HELP@cable.comcast.com on 3/7/2013:

Please see the attached that Comcast Support acknowledges does not work because the new website is TONS slower than the old website!

A responsible company, unlike Comcast, would have:

_ Notified its current users of the coming implementation so they could brace themselves for it the best they could; then,

_ If it had problems, would have reverted back to the old website, unlike Comcast; then

_ Would have credited the accounts of its users for the harm done to their business, unlike Comcast!

So:

_ Stop encouraging your business customers to use a version of your website that you know is unbelievably slow like a responsible company would;

_ Put the old website back like a responsible company would; and

_ Credit our company's account for the damage caused us.

Thank you.

I ENCOURAGE ALL BUSINESSCLASS CUSTOMERS TO EMAIL WE_CAN_HELP@cable.comcast.com DEMANDING THAT COMCAST PUT THE OLD WEBSITE BACK UNTIL THEY HAVE A FULLY-FUNCTIONAL WEBSITE & DEMANDING CREDIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE OUTAGE THEY HAVE CAUSED. ADDITIONALLY, YOU MAY WANT TO CALL 

It seems like we have experienced less and less service from Comcast after a 28+% price increase in the last year! How about you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hahaha the tech could not find either ticket that have supposedly been 'escalated.' 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome MJC.  I have researched your issue and have contacted your office. I will follow up with you this afternoon.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just an update.  At this point we've been contacted by John (as promised above).  Before his call, ONLY after insisting for an exceedingly long time I spoke with a manager "Marcos" who was to call back with the status of the issue by 6pm on Friday March 8.  As has been customary with Comcast Business Class, we heard from neither.  Adding a new user today (Saturday) results in the following message:

We’re sorry, there has been an error processing your request. Please call us at 1-800-391-3000 and we will help resolve your issue.

****This is not a hard ticket to solve**** You do not have to fix this broken portal of yours.  Just add a new user to our account manually!  I've been telling you to do this for the past two weeks, and the request does not get routed to the person who actually has the power to add a new user bypassing this broken portal.  As an aside, initially Marcos first said that it's not possible because of "privacy issues."  What a lame cop out from the company that resets my e-mail password every time I call so they can 'replicate' the issue.

What's interesting is a new user *has* shown up in our account.  It's an e-mail forward and not a new e-mail box, but still I guess someone is actually looking into this so we should be grateful?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well another day of being unable to add a new user.  On the other hand the trials of BOTH Google Apps and Outlook.com are going SWIMMINGLY!  Soon enough we'll be through with Comcast. 

I got a call back from someone other than John or Marco.  He said that the portal has been fixed.  That's great.  Of course it's as slow as ever.  More to the point, when I try to add a new user I get:

We’re sorry, there has been an error processing your request. Please call us at 1-800-391-3000 and we will help resolve your issue.

Has anyone done work on our tickets at this point??? Nothing to show for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Tried adding a new user today, here's what I got:

SURPRISE! Not fixed yet!  I'm gonna call to check the status of our tickets.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Does not work still.  Been on the phone now for over 30 minutes.  Summi the tech is trying to see if it works...still no call back from Marcos.  This is turning into a comedy of errors and incompetence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

This was fixed after a call to corporate.  Surprise!  There was a problem on our account, as we suspected.  There was an old forwarding e-mail address that was blocking adding of a new account.  A shame that it took someone from corporate to discover this problem.  Really, a shame all around.

For the record, here are the ticket numbers that we bothered to keep that didn't result in this being fixed:

CR313211872

CR313278080

CR313751639

CR313553568

CR313586799

CR314518893

CR313959512

CR313430663

0 Kudos
Highlighted

it has been over 3 weeks since migrating my domain over to business class and still can't get extra email boxes.

I have called them 4 times and they can't seem to get things working.

sucks trying to run a business where your employees can't use e-mail.

3 weeks is about 2-1/2 weeks too long.

I think I might move back to godaddy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Christopher-H, welcome to the forum.

We do apologize for the late reply, but could you give the community an update to your situation, so we may assist?

Thank you

Please ignore this post if your issue have resolved, but we would appreciate any repost. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue. We recently had many employees start last month and we have been unable to add any new user email accounts! It's been over 4 weeks and 30 support tickets later and I have NEVER recived a call back. Everytime we go to add a new user we get the error "We’re sorry, there has been an error processing your request. Please call us at 1-800-391-3000 and we will help resolve your issue." I have called everyday for the last 4 weeks with no resolution. Each time I have to walk some tech through the issue and takes 25-30 minutes before they give me a ticket number and recomend I used a external account such as gmail or yahoo until the issue is fixed. This does not help small bussiness!! I'm told its a nation wide outage?? I don't think so! We should get a credit for the amount of downtime this is causing! Come on Comcast 4 weeks!

cr316258773

er0148867117

cr316493477

cr317654645

And many more put in by other users!

Highlighted
Visitor

And corporate is who?

I have the ability to add new users but I have an old email address that has been disconnected but still shows up in the listing. This is the published address and I would like to be able to use it. My understanding from support is that the old one needs to be deleted to allow us to readd it.

Ticket numbers are CR 315702379, CR 315909979, CR316372237 (closed even though it wasn't resolved) CR3157102379 (again I see - National ticket number) and todays CR 318129271

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome BGL.  Please check your private message for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Greetings John,

I am a new user with Business Class and in the process of setting all the features.  I have researched your help pages in order to create the email boxes and the link that I am supposed to have on the top banner for Manage Services>Email is not there.

I did not create a new email address when I was first acivating the services, I tried to check If by creating one for my Primary Manager account would help and perhaps enable the Email management and even the Outlook download, but by clicking "Edit" under my email address does nothing, not even creating another alias.

Thanks for any help that you might be able to provide.

0 Kudos