Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How do you get support for Comcast Business Class?

I'm new here so forgive my ignorance; but how do you get support for service issues?

There isn't a support email listed anywhere that I can find, and there doesn't seem to be any type of support ticket system or a request for help form.

These things I mention are very basic tools on most any site... Am I missing something?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do you get support for Comcast Business Class?

Welcome Getroma.  Thank you for the post.  Customer Support for Comcast Business Services is available 24/7 from the Customer Service Center @1-800-391-3000.  At this time Comcast does not provide online ticketing thru a customer interface.

Support issues and questions posted here in the Forum are referred to the appropriate Regional Service Center for follow-up and resolution.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Does anybody know why this is so? Wouldn't it be more efficient for Comcast and it's customers to have a support ticket system? Tying up everyone's resources with phone calls is old school... and not in a good way.

The forum only works for a few simple problems, and the responses are sporadic. Some questions are ignored completely, with some from last year that are not even acknowledged. And some questions that look similar to my issues are answered offline with a PM.

Most software forums are a wealth of information, and many are so active with staff and fellow customers that support tickets are the backup course of action, and a phone call is the last option for the most desperate!

I am confident that a large majority of Comcast customers do not want to call 1-800-391-3000. Probably a large portion of the Comcast technical staff do not want us to call either!

Highlighted
Visitor

Apparently their answer is "Because we don't care, and you keep sending us money anyway."  Please see similar question and "answers" at http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Billing-and-Customer-Service/Why-no-ticketing-system/m-p/2...

Perhaps this is why it's called business "class" service and not business service.  It's like vanilla "flavor" cookies.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you BB for replying!

I should have done a search for the subject instead of starting my own thread; the other one was much more fun, (and better written)  than mine.

I fired off my post because I couldn't believe that a support ticket system wasn't in place. I thought I was simply ignorant and couldn't find it.

I'm sure that there will be a ticket system in place soon... now that I have weighed in on the subject!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

De nada.

For the record I've given up on my own request; our DNS records with them are now mangled beyond belief and without a ticket or e-mail contact I have no hope of them fixing it properly, at least without checking and going back and forth for hours on the phone over days or weeks.  But it's embarrassing to have that show up if a remote server does a reverse DNS lookup on us.  (And it ruins some companies' antispam measures.)

Maybe we should have just asked them to return them to the ARPAaddress.comcast.net defaults.

Good luck with your own phone calls, getroma...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BB.  I apologize for the continuing issues with resolving your DNS record issue.  If you will send me the information I will relay it to the Server Admin for input.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you John!  That would be great.

But um, how do I do that?  I checked your profile but don't see any way to contact you directly / privately?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi BB.  To send a PM, click  on the username and the on the right under Contact, click the link  <send this user a private message>.  That should do it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Okay that's weird; it was letting me post as myself to the forum (as above) but I was NOT seeing the contact links in your profile until I clicked "Sign In" again...

Sending PM...

....Edit: my issue is resolved now.  Thanks, John.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos