Microsoft Communications Services
czpdx
New Contributor

Global address list (GAL) not showing all accounts

Our global address list (GAL) is not showing all of our employees. Our account online shows that everything looks good, but currently one employee is missing, which prevents us from sharing a calendar with this person. Any help?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
czpdx
New Contributor

Re: Global address list (GAL) not showing all accounts

An added piece of information: the GAL shows all accounts correctly when using the online OWA interface. It's only when using Outlook clients that it is incomplete. Unfortunately, the calendar sharing needs Outlook to set up - I can't do it online.

0 Kudos
czpdx
New Contributor

Well, to close out my own ticket, the solution was to delete the user entirely and set her up from scratch. Unfortunately, the instructions don't say that the e-mail address can't be reused for 72 hours until after you click delete, so our user was left without e-mail for three days. But it works again like it should. Clearly this was a Comcast back end problem and it is very frustrating that both Tier 1 and Tier 2 support declined to assist me, calling it an Outlook problem that's not part of their support duties.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello czpdx,

Thank you for sharing your insight and solution to this issue, the community appreciates it.

Additionally please accept our apology for the bad experience you had with our support.

Thank you

0 Kudos