Microsoft Communications Services

Exchange Server Security Policy Settings for Active Sync on Android

SOLVED
Highlighted
bradleonard
Visitor

Exchange Server Security Policy Settings for Active Sync on Android

My company uses Comcast Business Class.

I have set up my Android phone with Exchange (Active Sync, I think). The default security settings from the comcast exchange server seem to require encryption of the SD card on the phone that it is set up on. This poses a problem with my phone because it renders the SD card unmountable. This seems to be a problem with my particular model (Motorola Droid Razr Maxx) of the phone's firmware.

My question is: Are there server side settings available to the account administrator where this SD card encryption requirement could be turned off? Our company has no need for this level of security.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem setting Exchange on an Android Phone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Exchange Server Security Policy Settings for Active Sync on Android

Welcome bradleonard.   Unfortunately the encryption settings are not configured on at user account level. If you will post to failure message from your set up attempt we will re-engage the server admin for additional analysis   

Also, here are a couple of links that may be of assistance to you.    link to the Comcast site for android devices, as well as the Moto Link,  

Thank you

bradleonard
Visitor

Re: Exchange Server Security Policy Settings for Active Sync on Android

Just for clarification, are you saying that the administrator of the business class acccount for my company does not have access to settings for the Exchange server to turn on or off remote wipe and storage encryption per their specific needs?

I have setup my phone just like both instructions indicate, and have been successful at getting mail to show up correctly. It is the encryption requirement from the server that is causing problems. It is definately a problem with the phone's fimware, not the encryption requirement. But it would be nice if the account admin had the choice to turn on or off this requirement as desired.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation