Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Error when trying to create a Sharepoint site

For the past 3 or 4 days I have been trying to create a new Sharepoint site and I get the following error:

"Sharepoint Activation Process Manage Internet"

"Sharepoint activation process is failed. Please try again after sometime."   

While I admit the grammar is funny... the error is a little frustrating!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Error when trying to create a Sharepoint site

HI Getroma.  We have researched the issue.  Please see you private message for additional details.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello, 

I have found the exact same issue when trying to set up my new account.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

I am getting the same issue as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Kelley.  We have researched your particular issue.  Please see the private message for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Any updates?

It has been 9 days and I still can't create a Sharepoint site, transfer or create a new domain, or add a user!

Whether right or wrong... my boss now thinks I'm an idiot! Mostly because I haven't set up any of the above items!

After 3 months she was just getting over me using her Angora sweater to wipe up spilled coffee... now this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I hate to sound impatient or like a jerk... but I have had my account for 12 days now and I can't create users, transfer a Domain, create a new Domain or create a Sharepoint site.

The only thing I can do on the Business Class Portal is view my bill summary; and that's the only thing I don't want to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Any updates? We cannot create/manage a SharePoint site ... same error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome SpprtCourt.  

With the release of the new Comcast Business Customer Account online interface several new features were added. 

Bring your own email (BYOE)

Bring your own email (BYOE) allows customers to utilize a private email address to view and manage their billing accounts online. This feature however DOES NOT allow customers to manage any of their Business Internet Services including; Web HostingAdd a Domain, SharePoint, Exchange Email etc. or Business Voice Services.  To enable management of these services, you will need to use the create new email address option (below).

Create New Email Address option

This option MUST be selected to manage Business Internet services and allows access to advanced features like Web Hosting, Add a Domain, SharePoint, Exchange Email etc. It is necessary to create a comcastbiz.net parent domain in the form of <yourbusiness.comcastbiz.net>  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I have tried many different [BOYE] email addresses such as:

phil@sportcourt.comcastbiz.net

ppark@sportcourt.comcastbiz.net

phil@bocce.comcastbiz.net

phil@boccebuilders.comcastbiz.net

ppark@allsport.comcastbiz.net

patty@sportcourtnorcal.comcastbiz.net

Everything I try says ... The email address selected is already registered. Please select another email address.

Please help. Our company name is Sport Court (Sport Court of Northern California) or All Sport America.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome SportCourt.   We researched the the usernames listed in the post and none are are associated with Business Portal accounts at this time.  Also there are no services associated with your business account number.   To activate the additional services, from the business portal welcome page, follow the steps for (First time here -  activate your account)

Do not use the BYOE option.

Use - Create New Email Address option

This option MUST be selected to manage Business Internet services and allows access to advanced features like Web Hosting, Add a Domain, SharePoint, Exchange Email etc. It is necessary to create a comcastbiz.net parent domain in the form of <yourbusiness.comcastbiz.net>  

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

This is truly the most un-user friendly set-up I've ever attempted. Every time I get an inch further ... I get an error message. 

I have tried the "First Time Here" screen (many, many times). My email is: sportcourtnorcal@comcast.net. I have an account number, pin number and I almost had a new user at: palugton@SportCourt.comcastbiz.net (I got as far as the password, security question, and "click here" to approve). Error.

Use a current email? Nope. Error. Create a new email? Nope. Already in use. Error. This has been going for nearly three weeks now. 

And, what exactly does "Sharepoint activation process is failed. Please try again after sometime" mean? I really get the feeling that Comcast does not want customers using the Sharepoint service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue. Has this been resolved? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Sorry to say ... no.

0 Kudos