Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Visitor

Downloading Outlook

Hi, I am a Comcast Business Class Internet customer.  When I activated my account, I did not create a new Outlook address.  Can I download it still?

Separate question, I have my e-mail & webhosting currently with AT&T, can I use the MS Exchange that Comcast offers?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Downloading Outlook

Welcome ipinvest.  As a Comcast Business customer Outlook is available for download. To download outlook sign into your account,  click My Services, the download link is under the email tab. 

In order to use the Exchange services you will need a Comcact hosted email account.  This Link provides additional information on the Comcast provided MS Exchange Services.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for the answer.  However, I only see "Security" tab and no e-mail tab.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ipinvest.  If your account was created with the BYOE option (bring your own email).

You must choose the option to Create a new Microsoft email address During activation in order to download Outlook.

Here is the Link with additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I downloaded and installed Outlook 2010 and configured it for my Comcast Exchnage service; however it is shoing as a non-activated product.  Where can I find the activation code for the outlook software? It's supposed to be free withmy account but seems to be a trial version and I can't have it expire on me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome WBCC.  The free version of outlook offered by Comcast does not have an activation key. Was it downloaded via your login, then the My Services tab and then the my email tab? This is the location of the free version. Try this Location an let us know the file size please.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI WBCC.  Please see the PM for additional details on correcting the Outlook 2010 registration issue.

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Comcast_John,

I have the same problem that WBCC has re: activation of Outlook.  Could you please let me know how to correct it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Brggg. Please check you PM for additional information on activation of Outlook 2010 for your account.  Also if you downloaded Outlook 2010 after  5/11/2013 please let us know as Outlook should be active upon installation.

Thank You

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello John

You have to be more informed than I about forum jargon, as I rarely use them. Please help with the abbreviation "PM." Previous message? If that's the case, is it directing me to the previous message in the thread, or on the forum?

The previous message in the thread is useless in solving the problem of product activation.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome AndrewR.  How can we assist?

We use a PM (private message) when communicating detailed information that specific to a users account. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Good morning Comcast_John

Your help with Outlook Product Activation, please. Some weeks ago I did log-on to Comcast Business Class and download Outlook 2010 from the site. I loaded it on an Acer Netbook which I use infrequently, and it operated as expected. Earlier this week I ran a Windows Update, which had updates for Outlook, and since then the program has been requesting Product Activation.

Your recommendation on how I may proceed to overcome this glitch is invited, please.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.  My software is requesting an activation code and says it will expire tomorrow.  I can't be without email.  Can I get a copy of the PM as well?  I downloaded it a few weeks ago as well.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI AndrewR.  Please see the PM for the information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI CCK.  Please see the PM for the information concerning your email activation.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

i have the same problem, please help

Highlighted

Same Problem.  We downloaded and installed the new Outlook 2010 from the comcast website in the my services/my email section in early May.  However now we are getting that the product will expire in 4 days!   What is the product key for the Outlook 2010 software? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

we have the Same Problem.  We downloaded and installed the new Outlook 2010 from the comcast website in the my services/my email section in early May.  However now we are getting that the product will expire in 4 days!   What is the product key for the Outlook 2010 software? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Anthony.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please check your private message (PM) for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome saiengineering.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please check your private message (PM) for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are having the same problem here at my office.  Please supply the activation code.  Outlook will expire in 3 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same activation issue with Outlook after downloading it from the business portal.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are having the same issue with 3 machines at our office.  We have 2 days left.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same activation issue.  Can you help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please let us know now a PM can be received or checked.  I also need an activation key.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome karolina43,  Please check the private message (PM) for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome EISINC2000.   Please check the private message (PM) for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Bolder.  

Please check the private message (PM) for additional information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I am having the same problem - Outlook 2010, which I downloaded and installed in February, now wants me to enter a registration key.  Can I get a PM, too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I am sorry to be writing again, but my activation warning is down to 3 days, and the weekend is coming, so I am worried that on  Monday, I won't be able to use Outlook, and I will be in serious trouble at work.  I am very hopeful that someone can reply to me this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same problem.  I received the PM with the activation key, but I accidentally deleted it.  Would someone please resend it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Jameslverson.  Please see the private message (PM) for for information specific to your account.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Bolder. Please check the PM for the account info.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Same problem...need an activation key..thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Smurfbo.  Please see the private message (PM) for information regarding your account.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am a Comcast Biz customer.  I am recently receiving  a red banner at the top of Outlook 2010 that says "Product Activation Failed).  It then asks for an activation key.  What is the activation key?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

John I sent you a PM to get the information

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same issue with Outlook downloaded via Comcast Business Class, "Product Activation Failed"

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I can't get to the location on the website that even permits the downloading of the Outlook file. All links direct me to the My Services Page, which has been under repair for a week.

I am looking to download the Outlook program, and subsequently, am also looking for the same activation code that everyone appears to need.

I am a new addition to a business account, with an email, but can't get the Outlook/Exchange Server set up through any Comcast outlet or web portal.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am also having the issue with Outlook downloaded via Comcast Business Class, "Product Activation Failed"

What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Does anyone at Comcast monitor these forums? Seriously -- need to download Outlook --- new website is broken and terrible, please help customer.

I am certain there is someone on the payroll at the Comcast Support center that can give me a link to the download without having to use the currently broken site --- I have waited over a week to hear something and NO ONE AT COMCAST SEEMS TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

unless you are working hard to fix your site (which I doubt, because it would've been fixed by now), you are doing nothing, so be a peach and actually help someone --- I suppose it is actually part of your job.

-Seriously disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

I also can't activate outlook 2010 that i downloaded from the my services page. Please PM me the fix. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: outlook download problem

i do not have norton. The version that i downloaded from the My Services page is 2010 not 2007.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: outlook download problem

Hello EugeneTech,

To your query can clarify a few items for us?

1. When did you download this copy of Outlook 2010?

2. Have try installing on another computer for a comparison test?

Thank you for the post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello we as well are having the same activation problem with outlook - we actually downloaded the Win 2010 today off our comcast business portal - can you assist and thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Comcast forum....same problem as everyone else. A few weeks ago, my outlook (which was downloaded from Comcast some time ago) now needs some activation code. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello wa3yvr,

Welcome to the forum.

To your question please send me a private message with the following information so we may assist.

1. Your Full Name

2. Your Account Number

3. RF MAC address from the Modem/IP-Gateway 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Could someone direct me to the activation code for MS Outlook2010 for our account.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello kianusa,

Welcome to the forum.

The community would like to help, but can clarify a few question for us?

1. Are you having issue downloading Outlook or the activation of it?

2. Have you activated any account so far?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

John,

I have setup the email accounts and downloaded MS Outlook, but when I try to install it, of course it asks for a product key.  Where does one find the product key?

0 Kudos