Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Connecting Outlook 2010 to Exchange Server

I am having problems getting Outlook 2010 32-bit under Windows7 64 bit to connect to the Comcast hosted exchanger servers.

I followed the instructions of going to Control Panel>Mail>Show Profiles>Add

Then I filled in the information Name, Email Address and Password (I used the same email address and password which allowed me to sign into Comcast and get my mail online and also get my Client Access Server Name, which is :

CH2CAS01.ch2.comcast.net)

When I hit next I get a check mark next to the Establish network connection and then a Blue Arrow next to Search for EMAILADDRESS server settings.  Eventually it stops searching and I receive an error stating:

An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available.  Click next to attempt using an unecrypted connections.

This also times out with a RED X.

It asks to verify my email address, which is correct.

I then clicked Manually configure server settings and the Next button.  Then I checked the Microsoft Exchange or compatible service button and clicked Next.

It asks for my server.  My Client Access Sewrver Name is CH2CAS01.ch2.comcast.net so I typed this in. I left the boxed checked next to the Use Cached Exchange Mode and I left my User Name as is.

Under More Settings I am setup as follows:

General : Automatically detect connection state

Advanced : Use Cached Exchange Mode and Donwload shared folders

Security : Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange and the Logon network securioty is Negotiate Authentication

Connection : Connect using my Lacal Area Network (LAN)

When I click Check Name I receive a popup window stating :  The action cannot be completed.  The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

Clicking Ok to close the window pops up another window asking for my Microsoft Exchange Server and Mailbox, this has a button allowing me to Check Name, so there is no difference from the screen before.

What do I need to do to get connected to theexchange server at Comcast.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connecting Outlook 2010 to Exchange Server

Hello mikesmith01,

Welcome to the forum.

Your descriptions points to possible missing autodiscover record.

This is what we recommend. 

Goto any DNS Record checker, such as network-tools.com (3rd party site) and type:

autodiscover.yourdomain.com

It should look like, if it was set correctly:

autodiscover.autodiscover.yourdomain.com. CNAME autodiscover-rd.ch2.comcast.net.

If record is incorrect or non-existent, it needs to corrected.

Please also note this is a CNAME record.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Everyone else in my company is able to autodiscover there emails with comcast, so this is not the reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mikesmith01,

Could you clarify the following for the community then?

Does your company use the same domain for everyone's email?

- If that were to be the case this could possibly be internal network issue, which will require IT support, such as signature support.

or

Does your company use different domain for everyone distinctively?

- Then I still suggest to check your autodiscover record.

Thank you

0 Kudos