Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted
Visitor

Cannot get Comcast Exchange to connect to Outlook 2007/Domain Issue

I am a new comcast business customer. We have been trying for a week to get comcast exchange e-mail to connect with Outlook 2007. We have been without access to e-mail for a week. I have been on the phone with Tech Support 3-4 times a day for a week to get this resolved. Now the Tier 2 Tech Support will not call me back and has closed my ticket. They claim that the issue is our "vanity domain" has not resolved, which is not the case according to comcast.com. They continually refer me to the help section on how to move our domain. That is not the problem. The only other answer I have received was about confirming our MX records the CNAME. However, the CNAME the tech gave me is COMPLETELY  different than business.comcast.com told me to use. I am at a loss at this point of what to do. To clarify:

1. Verify the correct CNAME that I supposed to be using.

2. How to get Outlook to recognize comcast's exchange server info. (I receive the "The action can not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange is unavailable...")

Thank you in advance for anyone's suggestions.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Cannot get Comcast Exchange to connect to Outlook 2007/Domain Issue

I am having the same issue to no avail.  I spoke with a clueless Tech support person and, in my opinion, a rude manager.  I asked what happens if Tier 2 can not answer my question.  They badgered me until I accepted the answer that it would be fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tim.  I apologize for the problems you are having with getting this issue resolved.  If you will send me a private message (PM) with your account and the Domain Name I will research the issue and engage the proper fix agency for resolution. 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

FalconFlyer, please respond to the PM for additional assistance.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having this issue as well - why won't Outlook find the Comcast Exchange Server??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Kelley,

For your domain, do you have an autodiscover record?

If you do not have this DNS entry Outlook will not find the Comcast Exchange Server.

This is what we recommend. 

Goto any DNS Record checker, such as network-tools.com (3rd party site) and type:

autodiscover.yourdomain.com

It should look like, if it was set correctly:

autodiscover.yourdomain.com. CNAME autodiscover-rd.ch4.comcast.net  

If record is incorrect or non-existent, it needs to updated

Please also note this is a CNAME record.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Comcast_Jon wrote:

Hello Kelley,

For your domain, do you have an autodiscover record?

If you do not have this DNS entry Outlook will not find the Comcast Exchange Server.

This is what we recommend. 

Goto any DNS Record checker, such as network-tools.com (3rd party site) and type:

autodiscover.yourdomain.com

It should look like, if it was set correctly:

autodiscover.yourdomain.com. CNAME autodiscover-rd.ch4.comcast.net  

If record is incorrect or non-existent, it needs to updated

Please also note this is a CNAME record.

Thank you

When I do a DNS check on my domain, it is coming up with "autodiscover-rd.hmc1.comcast.net", which I know works because I am able to get Exchange to push to my Android phone. I have tried both Outlook 2007 and 2010 and neither one is able to connect.  Clearly there is something that isn't working at Comcast or several of us wouldn't be having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome SFASolutions.  Please see the private message for additional information.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having an issue trying to get one of my email accounts setup with exchange. It is currently working on a laptop and a phone. I am trying tio install the account on a new desktop. Outlok 2007 will not correctly resolve the email address. I get address not found error.

I created a new email address on the comcast system, and that setup perfectly. The issue seems to be only this one address.

Any suggestions? The user has had the account for years and I don't want to delete it and start over.

Comcast_John seems to know how to handle this and the tech support folks are indeed clueless. How do I get this address to be found?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Chevy, welcome to the forum.

Please accept our apology for the late reply.

Try this method to assist on the t/s if you have not and you have a router:

1. Connect this desktop directly to the Comcast's Device (modem/IP-gateway).

2. Create new Outlook profile for test

If this method helps then it is a possible setting issue on the router; if not unfortunately this will need to review by an IT support.

Thank you

Please ignore this post if your issue has resolved, but we would appreciate any repost. 

0 Kudos