Microsoft Communications Services
Highlighted

Automatic forwarding of Comcast Biz Email addr?

We just signed up with Comcast business because we wanted zippy bandwidth.  We have little intent of using the hosting or email services as we are already happy with our current web host.

Is there some way for me to set up an automatic email forwarder on the comcast mail host so that emails sent to that address are rapidly sent to an email box that I routinely check?  I know I can do it with my current host.  But, I somehow missed that in the email configuration here.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Automatic forwarding of Comcast Biz Email addr?

noob_for_life.  Here is a Link to instructions on creating email forward.  Also the Business Class Portal does not provide store and forward capability.  You can create a mail forward account or a regular email account.  You cannot add mail forwarding to an existing email account.  

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

John:

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Is there a way I can make a forwarder or an outside email address the primary contact for my account with Comcast?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

noob_for_life.  In order to manage you Comcast account, (changes, additions or online billpay) an Comcast email address is needed.  

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have the same issue and have come to the same realization that the basic answer is NO.  Soo..

I set up one of my computers with outlook express (you can do it with any pop account email client really) to download my primary pop account email..  Then i set a rule up in that email client to forward any messages brought down to the email account through the host i most frequently check.

It sucks to not be able to just set up an email forwarder for the primary email on my comcast account, but apparently they're a little behind the times with technology.  People nowadays have many email addresses... many of which just forward over to a single one.

But... if they dont want to offer the option.. there's probably a reason  (even if the email was forwarded you could still use that email account and password to manage the comcast account so that's a crap answer).  But whatever...  for every technological hurdle, there's always a workaround... 

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Sorry to bring up a dead post, but are you saying that there is no way to forward a comcast business address to another account?

I have found the portal on the site that appears to allow it, but it never saves. I have contacted support 3 times now (about to be 4) and all they keep telling me is Tier 2 will contact me back and i have yet to hear from anyone.

The link to instructions you provided no longer works. Can you shed any more light on this situation?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome fplayer71.  Currently the Comcast Business Portal online webmail interface does not provide "store and forward functionality for email".  When creating the user/mailbox, you can select email forward or mailbox.  The email forward functions as  mail forward only, the inbound mail is not stored on the mail server it is forwarded on to the designated email address.  

Thank you for bringing the broken link to our attention, we will correct the issue.

I will update the product management team with your concerns for improved functionality of the webmail client interface.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

John,

Thanks for responding. I tried setting up a forward through the business portal, i dont care if it stores so thats no big deal. However, when i type in all of the email address information and hit save, i get sent to a page with a spinning circle that says processing. The circle stays on the screen (i have left it like this for hours) but after a few moments you will see it say "We are unable to load your information. Please refresh the page to try again." I have tried from multiple computers and multiple browsers just to be safe.

I have 3 accounts that i need to add a forward on and all of them appear to have the same issue. Is it an issue because it is the only email on the account?

I even tried setting up a forwarding rule in Outlook itself, but it apears that the mailbox doesnt allow forwarding rules because i cant get it to work at all.

I have called tech support 3 times all with promises that a tier 2 tech would call me back within 2-4 hours. Its been 4 days and no one has called me back or left any messages. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

fplayer71.  Please send me a PM (private message) with you contact information and a timeframe and I will have a Tier 2 Agent contact you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sent on 2/26/2013:

Comcast has implemented a new Comcast Business Class website without any notice to our business that is manifold slower, harder to navigate, and now we get 

We're sorry

We were unable to load your information. Please refresh the page to try again.

whenever we try to access the Add or Manage Email Forwards webpage that we use a lot. We are down because we cannot do this function and want a credit applied to our account beginning today until you get this functionality functional again.

Comcast has screwed up the website! Leave it alone! You are making work for businesses instead of helping us by not making us re-learn your website that just moves the same old stuff around instead of spending time on our business! Stop it!

After talking to Britney in Comcast Escalations on 2/27/2013,  called 3/1/2013 & announced there are bugs with the new website & no ETA for fixes. She refused the idea of crediting us for this mess that we are having difficulty trying to work without & refused to try to get us a workaround or to put the old website back (I would have been fired from the $11B corporation I used to be a manager at for not having a contingency plan in case there were problems with an application my department implemented). Comcast obviously has no such plan & will probably promote those who made this mess then raise our rates again while refusing to give us any credit against our accounts.

Received from Comcast Business Class [reply@get.comcastbusiness.com] on 3/7/2013:

Introducing an Improved Online Bill Pay

that encouraged Comcast's business customers to use a new website that they know does not work!

Sent on 3/7/2013:

Please see the attached that Comcast Support  acknowledges does not work because the new website is TONS slower than the old website!

A responsible company, unlike Comcast, would have:

_ Notified its current users of the coming implementation so they could brace themselves for it the best they could; then,

_ If it had problems, would have reverted back to the old website, unlike Comcast; then

_ Would have credited the accounts of its users for the harm done to their business, unlike Comcast!

So:

_ Stop encouraging your business customers to use a version of your website that you know is unbelievably slow like a responsible company would;

_ Put the old website back like a responsible company would; and

_ Credit our company's account for the damage caused us.

Thank you.

I ENCOURAGE ALL BUSINESSCLASS CUSTOMERS TO EMAIL DEMANDING THAT COMCAST PUT THE OLD WEBSITE BACK UNTIL THEY HAVE A FULLY-FUNCTIONAL WEBSITE & DEMANDING CREDIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE OUTAGE THEY HAVE CAUSED. ADDITIONALLY, YOU MAY WANT TO CALL 

It seems like we have experienced less and less service from Comcast after a 28+% price increase in the last year! How about you?

Highlighted

Re: Automatic forwarding of Compact Biz Email adder?

Yes, I agree 100% but with only one other real competitor, (AT&T) which is worse for service and quality, they can do and charge whatever they want without consequence.

0 Kudos