Microsoft Communications Services

Allowed addresses and domains

SOLVED
klarsen
Visitor

Allowed addresses and domains

I am trying to set up a domain-wide policy for accepting email at https://businessclass.comcast.net/Secure/ManageServices/ManageEmail/

My organization has multiple branches around the world, and each one runs their own e-mail system. So I would like to add a rule of some kind like "accept *@COMPANYDOMAINNAME.*" to accept any email address at any domain name related to the company name.

Is any kind of wildcard accepted when it comes to this list of domains? Or should I add each domain (50+) manually?

I'd be happy to see some technical information about this.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Allowed addresses and domains

Hello klarsen,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you will have to enter the accepted the domains manually one by one to list.

At this time our account option does not carry a wildcard to filter it but I will forward your query to our product team.

Thank you

klarsen
Visitor

Thanks. This is okay for me. But in which format should I enter the domain names?

@COMPANYNAME.ca
@COMPANYNAME.org.mx
@COMPANYNAME.org

or just

COMPANYNAME.ca
COMPANYNAME.org.mx
COMPANYNAME.org

?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

klarsen,

The second format option will be good for the list.

Thank you

klarsen
Visitor

Thanks for the quick response. I'll add them as

COMPANYNAME.ca
COMPANYNAME.org.mx
COMPANYNAME.org

Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to be of assist!

Please feel free to share your insight and experience on our forum.

klarsen
Visitor

Not really working...

It's still not working as it should... I just received an email from a @COMPANYNAMEchina.cn-account.

I have entered the domain names like this:

COMPANYNAMEchile.cl, 
COMPANYNAMEchina.cn, 
COMPANYNAME-france.org, 

I got an email from the China domain, and it went to my Junk e-mail folder in Outlook. It should have been whitelisted.

My co-worker got an email from the same domain, and it was delivered straight to his inbox.

Do you have an explanation? Or could you lead me to some technical documentation about how the spam-system is set up?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Not really working...

Hello klarsen,

For the documentation this is the Link to it. These articles have the outlook 2010 information for managing the junk email setting.

For explanation part:

1. If this co-worker and yourself didn't made any personal changes on the webmail and outlook.

- This could be profile issue and I recommend creating new profile for a comparison test.

- Please don't delete your current profile while testing.

2. If this co-worker made any changes to the junk email setting then I recommend comparing to yours and updating the Allowed addresses and domains to the convention of:

@companychile.cl,@companychina.cn, etc..

Thank you

klarsen
Visitor

Re: Not really working...

Thanks, but my aim is to do a company-wide policy for junk mail, and not individual junk mail setups.

I have entered all the partner domains at https://businessclass.comcast.net/Secure/ManageServices/ManageEmail/ . In spite of the domains being whitelisted in "Allowed addresses and domains", the particular email ended in the junk e-mail folder...

Is there any way to solve this?

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation