IPV6

CG3000DCR has never worked properly - HELP

SOLVED
rrathbun
New Contributor

CG3000DCR has never worked properly - HELP

When the IPv6 testing started I provided tons of test results to the IPV6 team but Comcast still has not resolved the issues with the Netgear CG3000DCR firmware. I was hoping it was just a firmware issue but this modem is just a worthless piece of garbage.

Can someone from the IPV6 Team replace my device with a functional unit that actually works please?

Thanks,

Robert Rathbun

Accepted Solution

Re: CG3000DCR has never worked properly - HELP

Trial users will receive the code once we test the code and verify it does what we need it to do then we will be upgrading them..  I am hoping for the next couple of weeks..

View solution in context
Tags (1)
Trusted Forum Contributor

Robert, curious could you list the issues "you're" having with it. I understand garbage technology =) just wanted a short list of gripes about it. (Have seen numerous issues mentioned) but wanted a clear list.

rrathbun
New Contributor

Where do I start.

It used to resolve IPV6 and IPV4 and now it works sporadically at best, so basically it is now a brick. When it did function I could connect a host directly and IPV4 and IPV6 functioned, but not when connected to my SA520W Cisco Wireless IPV4/IPV6 router clients behind the router could not access the Internet

I will come back and edit this thread later... it's pretty late.

You should be seeing new code for trial users here shortly..

Tuska

Comcast_Tuska
rrathbun
New Contributor

Shortly is defined in measurable terms how?

Trial users will receive the code once we test the code and verify it does what we need it to do then we will be upgrading them..  I am hoping for the next couple of weeks..

Comcast_Tuska
rrathbun
New Contributor

Firmware version V1.34.04 resolved my IPV4 issues... I still need to test out IPV6 behind my Cisco Router

Sweet keep us in the loop..

Comcast_Tuska
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation