Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
Highlighted
merc
Visitor

sb6141 - Anyone using it?

I am looking to replace the comcast modem/gateway (SCMCD3G-CCR)  with my own.

Using the comcast approved modem list here.

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/stage/

I see the sb6141 is still not on the business list (its been on the residential for some ime) .  Does anyone know if the sb6141 will now work ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: sb6141 - Anyone using it?

Hello merc,

Welcome to the forum.

To your query, unfortunately sb6141 is not approved for Comcast Business modem list.

However, we will forward your query to product and service team of your interest of it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos
merc
Visitor

OK thank you.  In which case ive ordered a SB6121 which is on the list.

A question.  Is there any specific config settings i need to know in advance to get this to work or is it simply a case of plugging it in. Thank you

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello merc,

Please use the following steps to activate and use your modem. 

This is an older post, but with current information. (Link to the orginal thread)

Community Manager
Comcast_Jon
IP: 198.178.8.81

Re: Steps to use my own equipment on Business Class?

[ Edited ]

Hello DanielOdievich,

Welcome to the forum.

We appreciate your post and also glad to hear our services are meeting your business needs.

To your query customers can use their own modem as long as it is on the Comcast’s accepted list.

This can be accomplish either by going directly to a service center near you or contacting technical support (1-800-391-3000 please select upgrade/downgrade prompt). For either choice please have the M.A.C address from your new modem with you to aid in trouble shooting and test your BCI service when completed.

To return any currently leased equipment our service center can receive them, but I do recommend for all changes to your account has been address before returning them. Additionally please keep your receipt and call back in few days to technical support to confirm all changes made correctly.

In regards to the equipment fee, unfortunately it can’t be change at this time because of the phone service device. This can be address when the current contract ends and when you decide upon new business contract with Comcast or another, but please make it prior to 30 days to prevent any incongruence.

If you need additional clarification or assistance please post!

Thank you

0 Kudos
RossHenning
Visitor

Hi Comcast_Jon,

Please add at least one other request for this.  Actually, I would imagine there are a LOT of Comcast business subscribers who would like to use a modern modem with the capability to bond 8 channels instead of only four (and was introduced in this decade).  It makes no sense whatsoever that the residential side has a long list of approved modems, and the business side has three really old ones and a fourth that although new is supposedly riddled with problems (not to mention only available as a rental through Comcast).  I've personally been around and around with Comcast support folks about this, and they've tried on a couple of occaisions to make my SBG6580 work (the one I used when I had residential service with Comcast).  It's a great modem, bonds 8 channels, docsys 3, and has a built in firewall.  It would be a much better modem for me than the extremely old smc rental from Comcast.  I don't use static IP, so I don't need the SMC.

Please, we're begging....update the list!

cjr

+1 on the request. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome cjr.  The Motorola SB6141 has been approved for Business Services.  

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Update-SB6141-approved-for-Busin... 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi RossHenning.  The Motorola SB6141 has been approved for Business Services.  

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Modems-Gateways/Update-SB6141-approved-for-Busin...  

Thank You

0 Kudos
ZJf9KZEgX
Visitor

Now that these are approved, is anyone using them?  I'm this close to ordering one, but I'd love to hear what other people's experiences have been.

0 Kudos