Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

"Access Deny" (sic)

SOLVED
WCHFH_2
Visitor

"Access Deny" (sic)

When trying to login, I get a pop up that says "Access Deny."  (grammatical error and all)  I have to assume this isn't related to incorrect login info, as yesterday when I had the wrong password it told me something like "Invalid Login" or "Incorrect Password".  I figured out the correct password, got logged in and carried on.  This morning however, apparently the router hasn't had its coffee yet.  This is the first time I've ever seen this particular error message.  Could somebody let me in on a fix for this?

Thanks,

ts

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Access Deny" (sic)

Welcome WCHFH_2..  Please see your private message for additional information.

WCHFH_2
Visitor

Resolution FYI - after you all were in (I could see the router reset), the internet never came back up.  I called Comcast support and the fellow said ports 1 & 4 had switched from "auto" to "manual" setup, and said it could have been because of a firmware update.  Of course, my wireless in-house router was plugged into port 1 and the Iomega NAS I'm trying to fix was on port 4.  He reset both to auto, reset my password to default, and for whatever reason, the Access Deny message is now gone.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello WCHFH_2,

Thank you for the update and sharing it to the community.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation