Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
bodwise

Wireless set-up

Wanted to use a Zoom (approved) modem with wireless.   Comcast denied.   Says is it not compatible. 

How do I set up wireless router as I previously had with Verizon?   I need to communicate with my iPad and Kindle. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wireless set-up

Welcome Bodwise.  For Business Class customers with the SMC gateway you only need to connect the wireless device to a vacant port on the SMC, set the wireless device to obtain anIP address automatically, connect a PC to the wireless device and set-up your wireless network.  Here is generic  Link to some additional information on wireless set-ups. If you require additional assistance with the wireless configuration send me a PM with the make/model of the wireless device, your business account number for verification and contact info.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
bodwise

Re: Wireless set-up

Thank you for your reply.   I am quite IT saavy.  But am still puzzled.

I configured the SMC DG3 Comcast biz class modem/router to 192.168.1.1.

Do I connect a second wireless router to this modem/router?   How to I prevent TCP/IP address conflicts?   

I really wanted to connect a Zoom 5350 which all the capabilites in one unit.  Everyone has discouraged me from using this unit.    It would have simplied this entire set-up.

They gave me a free wireless access point.  But it is useless for our purposes. 

So your referral to a wireless device is not specific enough.   The referenced YouTube is way too generic.

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos