Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
tsgroup

Want to buy modem

I have Comcast Business Class and currently rent a SMC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/router SMCD3G-CCR.  My service is 16Mps.  I want to purchase a replacement and am wondering if I should look at a more powerful modem for current and future Comcast speeds/services.  Any recommendations. TIA.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Want to buy modem

Welcome tsgroup.  Customer owned routers can be utilized on the Comcast Network. The devices approved for Business customers are listed below.  Also please note that Compact does not permit the use of fixed Static IP address on customer devices.

Thank You

Approved Device List:

1    Cisco DPC3008 Cisco DPC3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem      
2    Motorola SB6120-Retail Motorola SURFboard SB6120 Retail Cable Modem    
3    Motorola SB6121-Retail Motorola SURFboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Retail Cable Mode...      
4    Motorola SB6141-Retail Motorola Surfboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Retail Cable Mode...      
5    Netgear CG3000DCR Netgear CG3000DCR DOCSIS 3.0 Commercial Cable Modem an...      
6    SMC Networks SMCD3G-CCR SMC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Router SMCD3G-CCR
0 Kudos
Highlighted
elmergo
Visitor

You list the Netgear here even though it has issues.

Go figure

0 Kudos
barryxe

What is the Compact network, and are each of the modems capable of handling both telephone and data?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome barryxe.  The devices listed are for data use only.  At this time all telephony devices required for Business Voice Services are supplied by Comcast.  

Thank You

0 Kudos