Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

Setup SMC SMCD3G-CCR with Netgear WPN824N to use 5 IPs

4LoopDev

Setup SMC SMCD3G-CCR with Netgear WPN824N to use 5 IPs

Just recently converted to Business Class and received a SMC Networks SMCD3G-CCR from Comcast.   I have it connected to my Netgear WPN824N router.   From my router LAN ports 1 goes to my regular pc and another out to a switch which goes to tv, dvr, web server.

With my upgrade I also got a block of 5 IPs.   The end goal is to use the 5 IPs on the web server so I can set different sites with different IPs. 

I went into the Comcast Business Gateway > Port Configuration > True Static IP Port Management and set the following:

Application Name: web80

Port Range: 80 ~ 80

Protocol: TCP

True Static IP Range: 10.1.10.34 ~ 10.1.10.34

I get the following when try to apply:  Local IPs not in the public LAN

I then tried the following:

Application Name: web80

Port Range: 80 ~ 80

Protocol: TCP

True Static IP Range: 23.30.xxx.xx4 ~ 10.1.10.34

I get the following when try to apply: Invalid Local IP Address Range.

The other thing I noticed is that the configurations on the SMC device do not stay saved.   Like the port forwarding page.  

Also, how a device with the public IP is supposed to talk to the SMC device when the SMC device is listening on the 10.x.x.x address (aka the internal IP of the device. Because I tried setting the netgear device with one of those public IPs and it could not talk to the SMC device or access the Internet.)

Are there any documents with screenshots on how to configure the SMCD3G-CCR device for proper port forwarding rules?

Below is a diagram of how I currently have things setup.

Thanks.

network.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Setup SMC SMCD3G-CCR with Netgear WPN824N to use 5 IPs

Welcome 4LoopDev.  As you are using your router for internal DHCP there are no additional rules necessary in the SMC.  In your current set-up the static routeables has to be assigned to the netgear with the netgear handling additional routing functions and the SMC as the default internet gateway.  Our tier 2 support group can work directly with you should you require additional assistance with the SMC configurations.

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation