Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
Highlighted
WCHFH

Port Forwarding

Hello!  We have Comcast Business Class and I need to forward some ports for an Iomega NAS we bought.  I've logged into the router and set up 80, 443, and the range 50500-50599, but the only ports that will open are 80 & 443.  So I did some tests.  First, I by-passed the in-house wireless router.  My PC is hooked directly to the SMCD3G, as is the Iomega box.  Then, I tried to open any other ports.  Nothing.  No other ports will open.  Not 4747, not 3229, not 500, not 25, nothing.  Nada.  What gives?  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? 

We're a non-profit - a Habitat for Humanity affiliate.  There's only two paid staff in the office. Our office doesn't have servers, or racks, or anything like that.  Just a handful of laptops networked together with a couple printers.   We need to allow remote access to the NAS because our Treasurer (and all our board members) has a real day job and needs to be able to access our system once in awhile.  We hope to eventually allow most of the board members this access.

So, any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Port Forwarding

Welcome WCHFH.  OUr Tier 2 group checked the gateway.  The three port forwarding rules listed in the post are correctly configured and enabled in the gateway.  Ports 80 & 443 have applications associated with them.  The port range of 50500 && 50599 return a ' 404 page error application not found' .  Check to make sure the required application is listening on that particular port range.  Please let us know if you need further assistance with the gateway configurations.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
WCHFH

Still no Port Forwarding

Not sure where the error is, but 50500 is not being forwarded. I was online with the Iomega guy for about an hour this morning and he's not seeing it open from his end.  If I go to yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and put in the router's external address, it says the port isn't open either.  Can you all dig a little deeper and see what the issue is?  We're anxious to get our little, black box working!  Smiley Happy

Thanks

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Still no Port Forwarding

WCHFH.  We tested to each port of the range that  you have configured in the gateway, 50500 to 50599.  Port 50599 is the only port that has an active application that answers.  We can work directly with you to resolve this issue. Please send me a PM with your contact information.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager
Moved:

Re: Still no Port Forwarding

0 Kudos