Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

Port Forwarding 5050

EvergreenJeff

Port Forwarding 5050

I tried to find this on the existing questions...  I am using a Droid phone to try to see my DVR video cameras. 

I have a static IP and a netgear router. 

I checked the Disable Firewall for True Static IP Subnet Only box... I think that this makes gives my netgear router all control... 

I have turned on Ping on my Netgear so I can ping it... That seems to work.

I then set my DVR to a static IP, and set up a port forwarding rule for port 5050, 6050,  7050.  The DVR says that those parts are to do Command Port 5050, Media Port 6050, and Mobile Port 7050. 

I downloaded IP Cam Viewer for my droid...  I can turn on Wifi and connect to my internal IP address with port 5050 and see the cameras.  Then if I turn off Wifi and try to connect to my external IP address with port 5050 but cannot connect. 

Does Comcast block port 5050?  Help!?

Thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Port Forwarding 5050

Welcome EvergreenJeff.  Comcast does not block ports 5050, 6050 or 7050.  We have that the SMC is configured with the correct bootfile and IP.  I am including a Netgear Link that contains configuration information for a number of Netgear routers.  For additional assistance please send me a PM with your contact info and we can have a Tier 2 agent work directly with you.

Thank You

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation