Equipment (Modems,Gateways)

New Modem

SOLVED
tbarlow
Visitor

New Modem

Hi all I have another ? I have a Motorola SBG6580 is there anyway I can get it setup on my account it looks like I can Bridge it so it will take care of all my prob  I do have 5 Static IP's if that matters

Tj

tbarlow
Visitor

Bridge Mode

I just  got setup with service with 5 Static IP's and I need to know how to go about puting my NetGear CG3000DCR into Bridge Mode That I got from comcast  so I can Use my own router my router is all set with the new IP's just need my modem in bridge Mode thanks

Sincerly

Tj

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New Modem

Hi tbarlow,  Unfortunately the Motorola SBG6580 is not an approved device for Business Accounts.  Here is the Link to the approved device list.  Also at this time, static IP address are not permitted with customer owned equipment. 

Our Engineering Team has been updated your additional request to certify the SBG6580 for Business Service.

Thank You

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bridge Mode

Hi TJ.  Fixed Static IP addresses are not compatible with bridged devices on the Comcast Network.  Static IP's  are assigned to the public facing network device (gateway/router) provided by Comcast.

Thank You 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation