Hi All, is there a way to place the Netgear CG3000DCR cable modem into Bridge mode?
Welcome to the forum.
To your query, I would like to recommend replacing the Netgear router/modem with a standalone modem.
As you are aware "bridge" mode essentially turns the gateway into a modem without any features.
There are two approaches to this:
1. Contact our technical support at 1-800-391-3000
- Request to the agent for a "change in service" and you want a standalone modem in place of the IP-Gateway.
2. Consider getting your own modem
- Purchase either a sb6120 or sb6121
- Go to the nearest Comcast service center in your area. (Link), with your current Comcast modem/router to return it.
- Inform the technician that you want to use your modem and provide them with your modem's information.
- They will update your account to your request.
- Please keep your receipt and call back to verify your request after few business days.