Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
Scott

Motorola SB6141

Hello,

After a frustrating call to try to provision a Motorola SB6141, I asked why it couldn't be used.  I'm looking for a technical explanation, not just "It's not supported."   If there's a valid technical explanation, please expand upon it here.  

The 6141 has been out for quite a while, so I find it hard to believe that the correct boot file couldn't be written by now. 

Also, I know it bonds on 8 channels, I'm not looking for the specs of the modem.

Thanks for what I'm hoping is an answer to what I'm actually asking.  

Scott

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Motorola SB6141

Welcome Scott.  At this time the Motorola SB6141 is not an approved device for Business Customer's. Here is the Link to all approved devices for Comcast Business Speed Tiers. 

DOCSIS 

Thank You

0 Kudos
travis

Hi john, I'm also curious about the same modem, and would like to point put that it's really annoying that you didn't actually answer Scott's question. I would like to know when support for this device is due to be released. In the device details site you linked to, it indicates that it is supported on the residential side.

Please respond with details about what's keeping it from being supported, and when it is projected to come into service. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Scott

Comcast_John,

Thanks for not reading my message or responding to the question I asked.  I know what I was told on the phone and also the box for the 6141 has a list of ISPs.  It clearly says Comcast and Xfinity on the box. 

What I'm asking is why isn't this modem, which is the newer version of the 6121 not supported when it has been out for nearly 2 years?  

I hope someone will ACTUALLY answer this question.  

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
baomike
Visitor

He's not looking at the list he is refering you to. The SB6141 is on the list.

I have one and it works well.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome boamike.  While the SB6141 is approved as a customer owned/provided device for residential customer use, is not yet approved for Business customer use.  As your device has been provisioned with a Business Services bootfile, this is outside of the accepted practices as Comcast has only approved the SB6141 for residential services.

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Jeff123

Comcast, any further word to date whete the SB6141 works with business class internet?

0 Kudos
Trusted Forum Contributor

@Jeff123 wrote:

Comcast, any further word to date whete the SB6141 works with business class internet?

It already works now. I'm using one. And it's on the approved devices list for Business tiers

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net

ManChicken
Visitor

Can the 6141 be used with a static IP?

0 Kudos
Trusted Forum Contributor

no, a static IP requires rental of a Comcast approved gateway
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ManChicken
Visitor

This is so stupid that Comcast cannot figure this out.  It's bad enough we're being robbed $15/mo for a static IP which they had to change 1 line in a config file somewhere once to activate, and then add insult to injury by continually jacking up the equpiment fees for no reason (funny, my equipment didn't give its self a hardware upgrade..)