Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
drews
Visitor

Comcast Business Gateway requires frequent reboots

I have found in the last 3 or 4 days that I've had to reboot my Comcast Business Gateway about twice a day. It just seems to go into the weeds. All my connected devices loose internet conectivity, I can't log in into it via the web interface and any attempts to renew my DHCP leases or add a device to the network fail to receive an IP address from the Comcast Business Gateway. Couple that with the service outages I've had and after a little less then 2 months I'm about ready to drop this service. Plus my enterprise VPN service doesn't work well. I'm forced to use PPTP instead of the more secure L2TP because Comcase Business Class Internet can't maintain a solid VPN connection. It's strange, I didn't have this problem in my previous residence using Comcast Xfinity home service. I don't have it when I use public wifi or the my friends' or familie's internet connections. I don't even have a problem with L2TP when I use the wifi on the comuter bus. Only at home using Comcast Business Class Internet. Can my gateway be replaced and are there some settings you guys can fix on your end to make my internet more reliable? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
drews
Visitor

Re: Comcast Business Gateway requires frequent reboots

For reference my gateway is a Netgear CG3000DCR "Advanced" Cable Modem running firmware V1.33.03

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Comcast Business Gateway requires frequent reboots

Welcome drews. The device can be replaced as it should not require daily reboots.  The SMCD3G is the other gateway router currently approved for Business customers.  We can schedule a service call to replace the device.

Thank You

0 Kudos