Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
adsofnashville
Visitor

Changed LAN IP and can't access SMC gateway now to finish configuration

I'm attempting to remove a SonicWall TZ100 device and enable the firewall capabilities on the SMC gateway from Comcast. The internal LAN IP range is 192.168.32.1-254, with the SonicWall device being 192.168.32.254. As a first step, I logged into the SMC gateway using a browser on a PC on the LAN pointed to http://10.1.10.1 (this was the info provided to me by Comcast) - so far, so good. I changed the SMC LAN IP to 192.168.32.253, and after the configuration change, I'm unable to access the SMC configuration page to perform additional configuration. I attempted access both with the SonicWall device in place and with it unplugged from the network, but no joy. The customer is working fine at this point with no service interruptions. What am I missing here? Do I need to attach a network cable directly from the SMC gateway to a PC and let it get a DHCP address from the gateway in order to access it? Client DHCP when attached to the LAN is handled by a Small Business Server 2008 box.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Changed LAN IP and can't access SMC gateway now to finish configuration

Welcome adsofnashville.  In order to access the SMC you will need to use you new LAN IP of 192.168.32.253.

Thank you

0 Kudos
adsofnashville
Visitor

Comcast_John,

Thank you for your quick response. However, I've already attempted what you suggested. From the original post:

"I changed the SMC LAN IP to 192.168.32.253, and after the configuration change, I'm unable to access the SMC configuration page to perform additional configuration."

Please advise.

Thanks,

adsofnashville

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please send me a Private Message with Your contact info so that I can contact you directly.

Thank you

0 Kudos
adsofnashville
Visitor

Comcast_John,

How do I send you a 'Private Message'? Would you be available around 4pm CST today?

Thanks,

Jeff Allen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mytempollc
New Contributor

Hi Adsofnashville --

If you click Comcast_John's profile (for reference, it's http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/25 ), there is another link to "Send this user a private message" on the right hand side.

Cheers,

/myl

0 Kudos