I'm having trouble staying connected, and have decided to give a SB8200 a try. I have the unit in hand. I made it half-way through an hour with customer support a couple weeks ago to activate it, and then we ran into a roadblock because I had bundled services.
So, I have now successfully unbundled the services and am ready to try again. But would 1000% prefer activating without a phone call. Is there a way to do so online? The login page that I see when turning on the device is Xfinity and I'm nearly sure my Business login isn't going to work.
Hey there, thank you so much for reaching out! If the modem is already on the account, activating it should be much easier than it sounds like the rest of the process was; bundled services are awesome but can definitely throw a curveball with things like this! I'd be glad to check the account for you; please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and the modem's MAC address and serial number (you can send over a clear picture of the sticker on it with all the information, if that's easier).
Thank you. Sent DM. FWIW I have gone 2 cycles on this.
- Attempt to add device online, support says "need to call sales to un-bundle"
- Unbundled with Sales, waited and verified
- Attempted to add device with support (yesterday), took an hour. They again said "your account is flagged with "can't use owner provided device"
- Support bounced me to Sales/Retention who couldn't help me (unbundle has already happened). Sales/Retention says "call support"
- I'm guessing trying the same thing is going to yield the same results