Equipment (Modems,Gateways)
Highlighted
Lhinton

Bridged mode

We just had an SMCD3G-CCR installed yesterday.  I need this to be in bridged mode. Can you help?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bridged mode

Welcome Lhinton.  We can assist.  Please send me a PM (private message) with the RF_MAC address of the SMC along with the Business Account number and out Tier 2 agent will make the change.  Also please note that bridged devices are not compatible with Static IP assignments on the Comcast network.

Thank You 

0 Kudos
dave77244
Visitor

I just called tech support to have my SMC D3G-CCR placed into bridge mode so I can use my own router/proxy server.  Apparently it was done but I can still access the web interface which seems strange.  Is there a way to verify that it is indeed in bridge mode.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome Dave.  ONce the gateway is placed in bridge mode, all LAN side functions are disabled.  Please send me a private message with the RF MAC Address of the gateway and I will have our Tier 2 group verify the correct settings.

Thank You

0 Kudos
wcoast1973

Comcast_John,

You seem to be the only person that understands and can help here.  I've spent numerous calls and a significant amount of time on the phone /w Business Tech Support, only to be told repeatedly that all business accounts must have the gateway and it must be in gateway mode, which is insane.  I'm waiting for a supervisor to call back, but I don't have high hopes we'll make any additional progress.

I really need a standalone cable modem -- I don't want the extra ports (active or not) on the LAN side of the gateway, I definitely don't want the double-NAT, firewall, routing decisions, and whatever else the gateway may be doing on top of my public-facing router.  I've seen enough anomalous behavior from the gateway devices in the past and have heard enough issues /w the CG3000DCR (even in bridge mode) that I'd rather keep things simple and have a standalone cable modem.  Further, my CG3000DCR calls itself a "Residential Gateway" on the status page, leaving little confidence that it is fully and reliably supporting the business-account benefits.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much..

0 Kudos