I recently hooked up with comcast and tryed their free website and domain name, but I do not like it and wanted to switch my domain to another provider. I can not find how I can do this. I want to transfer my domain name from the comcast server to the new hosting company. I am new to creating websites and domains. Thank you for any help.
Welcome to the forum.
If you prefer to move your domain to another host please note the following:
Contact the new host first for the steps require for them receive the domain name.
- If they are domain registrar and a domain host (SOA) they will ask you to "release" the domain to them.
These are the steps required to "release" the domain.
1. Sign into the Business Class Portal using an Administrator account.
2. Click the Website tabe link under Mange Services to load the My Website menu page.
3. In the My Website menu page click the Edit website link to load the sitecontrol window will load.
4. Select the Domain Name link under Manage Services to load the Domain Names page.
5.Click Edit to the right of the domain to be transfer.
6. The Domain Summary screen will load.
7. The Auth Info Code and Domain Lock status are shown on this screen.
8. Please note the Auth Info Code and provide it to your new registrar.
- If your domain is in "Locked" status, click the edit to disable the lock, before providing the Auth Info Code to your desired registrar.