I opened a ticket 3 days ago for a 'bring my own domain' request that has been 'stuck' with a processing status for nearly two weeks.
Of course I got the normal it will be up to 48 hours until someone from Tier 2 will get back to you.
Finally a Tier 2 rep got back to me day before yesterday... He knew absolutely NOTHING! In fact he even asked for my portal username and password so he could log in and 'click along with me' to see what was happening.
After explaining exactly what had been done, transfer request, creation of cname on existing server, etc he gave the normal answer of "I can't do anything about that" I will send an email to another group to attempt to resolve it and get back to you tomorrow!
So yesterday morning comes along. he calls back and tells me that "All is good!" We have resolved your issue!" I told him I had a busy day on the road. Thank you and I'll go in and check when I get in.
Of course late last night when I logged in to the portal my status was still "processing" He did absolutely nothing! Other than close my ticket of course.
I call in immediately to support. As usual get a very nice young lady who agrees that this should not have been handled this way. She understands completely. If should could she would go in and fix it immediately but of course cannot but gives me a number of someone and hosting who can fix it.
I tried to call that number but the wait exceeded my need for sleep. At about 10 this morning I called back in to the number she gave me. Was promptly told they cannot help me you need to talk to CS. Told me they would transfer and prompty hung up.
I then called CS.. Asked to speak to a Tech manager. After about 10 minutes I got a "John" on the phone that claimed he was a supervisor. Was was quick to continually apologize. Told me he had to open another ticket but would escalate and keep track of this call personally and back to me by phone very soon.
Imagine this. 6+ hours later I still haven't heard anything and of course the problem is not resolved!
Solved! Go to Solution.
About midnight I added another domain to the bring my domain list. It was added to the list and I made the cname addition on the current webserver hosting the domain.(same server farm as my problem domain).
4/21 I logged in to the portal about noon and noticed that both domains were now delete from my websites link.
At 2:30pm I attempted to reenter the information to 'bring' my domain to Comcast.
I know get an error stating 'Unable To Transfer Domain Please try again or contact the administrator.'
The saga continues. In the morning I start exploring other vendors/options for myself and my many consulting clients to move away from Comcast. This is completely unacceptable and YES of course I have not heard back from anyone at Comcast as of yet!
9:30PM. Log in to portal to get notice that I have domain waiting verification.
When I click the verification link it shows me one domain "processing"
and another of the same domain awaiting verification click here.
I click on the verify link. get the message that it will be added to your servers shorty and am taken back to the status screen
which now has "TWO" of the same domains "processing"
and yes as usual. No contact from Comcast as usual.
Hi FredE. I apologize for not updating your post to the Comcast Business Forum. On 4/22 this issue was referred to our Support Team for portal issues. I have updated the team with your latest inquiry. An agent will contact you to assist with the resolution of this issue. Please continue to post your experiences with Comcast Business. We welcome the feedback
The latest.... Now 4 weeks and counting:
I have been left out in the wind yet again.
Last Wednesday the 24th I received a call from Terry Grace at 603.695.170 who identified herself as a Comcast Business Supervisor.
We had a long conversation that basically resulted in nothing more than there was nothing she could to help me but send emails to the Portal Team which now had my issue on their plate and it was one as such that they would have to write specific code for my account to resolve the issue. I truly find that hard to believe yet that is another story.
The one thing that she assured me of repeatedly was a story I have heard before in the past several weeks and yet she failed miserably at that also.
She continually told me that there was no excuse that reps and supervisors that had assured me they would keep in contact and apprised of status had not done so.
She stated that even though "there was nothing she could do to expedite other than send emails to the portal group" she would call to keep me informed. She stated that she would get back to me on Thursday if there was anything new to report and that she would be out on Friday but would leave the case with another supervisor who would contact me should there be a development and that if that did not happen "We would definitely be talking on Monday when she returned"
Well here it is Tuesday and of course I have not heard from anyone. The only change I have seen is that now I have only one instance of the domain "stuck processing" as opposed to two.
I just called her number a few moments ago to see what she had to say and her message states that she is out of the office..