Domain Names/Static IP

More than 13 IP Addresses?

SOLVED
trekleader
Visitor

More than 13 IP Addresses?

Hello,

I searched and didnt find a specific answer.  We are in need of more than 13 IPs for web applications that we host.  Is there a way to purchase more than 13?

Thanks and regards,

Seth

Accepted Solution

Re: More than 13 IP Addresses?

Info gathered from a call to Support (transferred a total of 9 times to different deparments!): 

1. Comcast Business modems have a limit of 13 IPs.  In order to have more than 13 IPs, a second line of service is requried, with a separate modem.

2. Comcast SMB Services will not advertise an IP range for you.  You cannot BYOIP  unless you upgrade to MetroE with Comcast Enterprise.

View solution in context
trekleader
Visitor

If there is not an option to go above 13 IPs, can I utilize IPs that I own?  In other words, will Comcast advertise my IPs so I can use my own?  I have a /27 I would like to use if possible.

Thank you!

Seth

trekleader
Visitor

Info gathered from a call to Support (transferred a total of 9 times to different deparments!): 

1. Comcast Business modems have a limit of 13 IPs.  In order to have more than 13 IPs, a second line of service is requried, with a separate modem.

2. Comcast SMB Services will not advertise an IP range for you.  You cannot BYOIP  unless you upgrade to MetroE with Comcast Enterprise.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello trekleader,

Thank you for sharing your insight to the community, we encourage and appreciate it.

Thank you once again!