Connectivity

Need Step-by-Step How-To on setting up a VPN in Comcast Router for a Remote Office

SOLVED
Highlighted
RWS

Need Step-by-Step How-To on setting up a VPN in Comcast Router for a Remote Office

Good afternoon,

I wish to enable my main office to contact a remote office's Comcast Business Gateway utilizing the internal VPN in that router device.  My hope is that a computer at the main office can "call up" (using MS VPN client) the remote office's VPN to access a computer device or two at the remote location.

So far, I understand that the PPTP in the target Comcast Business Gateway (Netgear device, I believe) shall assign an IP address in the range of 10.1.10.200 - 249 upon successful connection. 

I need to know the step-by-step set up so that a successful connection can be made between originating and target routers.

Any prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Need Step-by-Step How-To on setting up a VPN in Comcast Router for a Remote Office

If I remember correctly Comcast doesn't support any type of PPTP/L2TP configuration on the gateways(it's disabled for me). Though, in your case IPSec may do what you need. Unfortunately, I have little experience in that field and wouldn't be able to provide much assistance. Hopefully someone else in the community can chime in here. 

View solution in context
Tags (2)
Trusted Forum Contributor

Re: Need Step-by-Step How-To on setting up a VPN in Comcast Router for a Remote Office

If I remember correctly Comcast doesn't support any type of PPTP/L2TP configuration on the gateways(it's disabled for me). Though, in your case IPSec may do what you need. Unfortunately, I have little experience in that field and wouldn't be able to provide much assistance. Hopefully someone else in the community can chime in here. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation