Connectivity
Connectivity and managing Your Comcast Business network

Inadequate notice of planned maintenance

SOLVED
Highlighted
compupane

Inadequate notice of planned maintenance

Since I see no Email address I can send this to, I guess I will post this complaint publicly.

I have been a Comcast Business customer for several years and I understand that maintenance has to be done every so often, and I even understand that they choose the hours of 12am-5am to impact as few businesses as possible. I would have no problem with that if they would notify me 36-48 hours in advance instead of 12-14 hours (got a call at 11:15am about maintenance tonight). I provide remote computer maintenance to clients and the majority of my work is done in the middle of the night when my clients don't need their computers. I schedule my clients at least a day ahead of time if not more, so when I get less than a day's notice that I might be without high speed Internet that night, it literally costs me several hundreds of dollars. This has now happened twice in the last 7 days and I am extremely frustrated...not to mention that it does harm to my reputation! I don't think it's too much to ask for more advanced notice of planned maintenance! Some of us need to be able to plan our schedules accordingly.
Accepted Solution

Re: Inadequate notice of planned maintenance

I would also like to see some notice about planned maintenance. I know I've only been called twice about planned maintenance, but I've been told maintenance was occurring more than that. 

View solution in context
Trusted Forum Contributor

I would also like to see some notice about planned maintenance. I know I've only been called twice about planned maintenance, but I've been told maintenance was occurring more than that. 

Trusted Forum Contributor

Inevitibly there will be outages, what backup plan are you using?

Mine is to have a Monthly paid Mifi device that I can plug my server into (Local DNS) which I can change IP at the registrars for long term extended outages.

4G LTE routers I have on my state projects are pulling down 57mb/12mb and are a near replacement of the comcast business connection.

You have a single point of failure, having a backup connection is not what you've contracted with Comcast. I believe SLA is not relative to standard business connections, that's on the leased line level.