Hurricane Harvey - Wifi Hotspots Open
To help residents and emergency personnel stay connected during this time, we have also opened up free XFINITY WiFi hotspots to anyone in the Houston Region who needs them, including non-XFINITY Internet subscribers. The XFINITY WiFi hotspots were opened at 12:00 PM ET on Thursday, August 25th and will remain open through 12:00 PM ET on Friday, September 8th.
To access local XFINITY WiFi hotspots, users should:
- Visit xfinity.com/wifi for a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors.
- Once at a hotspot, select "xfinitywifi" from the list of available networks, and then launch a browser.
- XFINITY Internet customers can sign in using their username and password to be automatically connected at XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the future.
- Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers should visit the "Not an XFINITY Internet Customer" section of the sign-in page to get started.
- Non-subscribers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every two hours through 12:00 PM ET on Spetember 8th.