Connectivity

Hairpin/Loopback/NAT Reflection

SOLVED
Highlighted
GlynnElectric

Hairpin/Loopback/NAT Reflection

Hello friends.

I have an access control program that wants to connect through a web-delivered program. I've set up port-forwarding, and it works fine when I'm outside the building. However, I can't reach it from inside the building. I assume because the source IP and destination IP are the same. 

Can anything be done for this? We're using whatever the standard Comcast Business router is. 

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Hairpin/Loopback/NAT Reflection

Hi GlynnElectric and welcome to the business forums.

I wouldn't recommend having the source and destination IP the same. Also, I am not able to comment on these programs since they are not a product of Comcast Business and would be passed our demarcation. 

However, I can review your gateway and see if there are any issues with that. If you would like to do so, please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with your business account.

View solution in context
Official Employee

Re: Hairpin/Loopback/NAT Reflection

Hi GlynnElectric and welcome to the business forums.

I wouldn't recommend having the source and destination IP the same. Also, I am not able to comment on these programs since they are not a product of Comcast Business and would be passed our demarcation. 

However, I can review your gateway and see if there are any issues with that. If you would like to do so, please private message me your first and last name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with your business account.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation