Business WiFi

xfinity wifi hotspot access no longer working

sgarrabrant

xfinity wifi hotspot access no longer working

I am a comcast business customer.  In the past, I have used the same login credentials to access the xfinity wifi hotspots as I do for my comcast business account.  When last I traveled (early September) things were working fine.  This week, I repeatedly get a "username not found" error, and it tells me that I need to configure my xfinity account from my business account.  I contacted the online "chat" help from the comcast business site, and they told me they could not correct it and would escalate the issue.  What I received was an automated email with links on how to configure a hotspot.  

Can someone please tell me who to contact or how to correct this?  needing it to work when next I travel.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: xfinity wifi hotspot access no longer working

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Comcast Business Support Forums, sgarrabrant. I can take a look at your username and see what's going on with the Xfinity Hotspot access. Could you send me a private message with your full name, the phone number listed on the account and, the username you use to log in with?

sgarrabrant

Sure, if you will tell me how to private message.  I only see an option to reply, nowhere to make it private.  

Official Employee

Here is a link on how to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

guido79
Visitor

Seems like this issue is reported all over this thread.  Noone mentions the cause.  I'm betting that XFINITY WiFi only recognizes consumer Xfinity accounts and somehow Comcast Business/Teleworker accounts no longer are authenticated correctly without some manual intervention by a "Comcast Employee".  Is this why we all have to privately message someone for every one of these reports?

What's the fix so people don't have to message or call Technical Support for help?

Official Employee

Thanks for reaching out to us, sorry you're having this issue. No, there hasn't been a change on how to gain or who has access. We request you private message us because typically it's something unique to that individual that is causing the issue. It helps us to be able to identify the issue and get it solved. Let's take a closer look at what's going on with your access. Please send a private message with your name along with your account number to proceed. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation