Business WiFi

Disable Business Modem Hotspot PLEASE..

WALTHAM185
Visitor

Disable Business Modem Hotspot PLEASE..

It appears the only way to get our public hotspot is through this forum, why is that?  Well either way, please inform me of how I will disable this insanely intrusive service.  Please.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Disable Business Modem Hotspot PLEASE..

Hello WALTHAM185,

Your Xfinity Wifi has now been turned off. 

WALTHAM185
Visitor

Thank you, it is still showing XFINITY in the 5 and 2.4 spectrum.   There was another ssid that appeared to be simultaneously broadcast along with XFINITY, it was lowercase ssid xfinitywifi.  That is now gone but XFINITY remains.

Community Manager
Community Manager

It could be another modem or router in your area. Do you have any other accounts in the building? Below is a screen shot of the WiFi page showing that Public WiFi was turned off: Capture.JPG

WALTHAM185
Visitor

They are both back and active.... It cannot be another customers signal as I put my analyzer right next to the comcast business modem and both XFINITY and xfinitywifi in 5ghz and 2.4ghz give a dBm from -20 to -30 respectively.  So now what can be done?  

Community Manager
Community Manager

I have turned them back off again, please keep in mind if you reboot the modem it will turn back on. 

WALTHAM185
Visitor

Wow, thats pretty darn invasive particularly the part about it reinitalizing itself on reboot??  So everytime the ssids reappear I have to come back on this forum and request they be turned off, very productive...

Respected Member

Hello WALTHAM185,

I do apologize for all the extra action needed to keep your Xfinity WiFi disabled at your location. I will ensure that this issue is brought up to our system engineers for future updates. I have disabled the Xifinity Wifi on your modem. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Can you please turn the public wifi off on my modem also?