Business WiFi

Comcast doubles billing charge for not using their Gateway

SOLVED
amitramani
Contributor

Comcast doubles billing charge for not using their Gateway

Back at the end of September, I switched out the Comcast Gateway (Cisco DPC3939B) with my own modem. I did not change the tier of my service (Starter Package, Business Internet).

Previously I was paying the $69.95 for the starter package + $12.95 for the Comcast Gateway rental. 

I just received the latest bill from Comcast, it shows I am being double billed at $139.95 instead of $69.95. The Modem Equipment Rental charges are gone (as expected), but somehow they double billed me on the internet service itself.

@Comcast_John, do you recall I had worked along with you? You had helped me provision the new modem. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast doubles billing charge for not using their Gateway

After calling Comcast and staying on the phone with them for over 1 hour, I finally got this resolved (I hope).

Supposedly, when I switched to using my own modem, Comcast reset me to a differend package while my old package was still in service (Business Internet, Starter Package). 

That is why I was being double billed. 

View solution in context
Highlighted
amitramani
Contributor

Re: Comcast doubles billing charge for not using their Gateway

After calling Comcast and staying on the phone with them for over 1 hour, I finally got this resolved (I hope).

Supposedly, when I switched to using my own modem, Comcast reset me to a differend package while my old package was still in service (Business Internet, Starter Package). 

That is why I was being double billed.