Business VoiceEdge ®
A cloud-based, virtual PBX service loaded with calling features
People in operations center talking on Landline phone. Operators in the office.
Highlighted

What is the point of this forum?

Why is this set up as a customer support forum for sharing fixes when the response from Comcast to every question I've opened is that the op should send a PM with their account info so that it cn be fixed behind the scene? It is incredibly frustrating to see topics that relate to the problems I have, but without actual answers or help. If this is just a support ticket waiting room, that has it's own uses, but making it forum for "discussion" is inaccurate and frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: What is the point of this forum?

Interesting observation, and I agree to a point.

That said, I got knowledgeable, appropriate troubleshooting assistance here that I was not able to get with either Comcast Business or Comcast Residential Tier 1 Support elsewhere.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Official Employee

This is a customer support/discussion forum. This is meant for your peers to provide a discussion for possible resolution to any service issues you may experience. If no response if received we will provide you with support to ensure that you reach a resolution. Many of the issues reported through our business forums require account access and specific troubleshooting on our end to reach a resolution. This is why you will see us request account-specific information through private message to protect the security of your account and information. What question or concern can I assist you with today? 

Highlighted

I agree. If one person has a problem and there is a solution, then it could benefit many people, quickly and easily. This is counter to every other forum I have ever seen.

Comcast: please post the solution and keep the discussion going rather than make each one private.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, I will be more than happy to pass along your feedback. If a situation requires us to locate an account we typically work in a private message for privacy and security purposes. If we can resolve the issue in a public comment we will! 

0 Kudos